Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another free mod

Old 05-01-2014, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by taylorfain2009

Lol I saw this today on eBay and I was like... Well I could have just bought that haha.
They cost 35$, but if your handy and take pride in your ride and a do it your selfer, I say go for it! It looks great, you did it your self and **** anyone that doesn't like it. Your opinion is all that matters! It looks great brother.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeep305
They cost 35$, but if your handy and take pride in your ride and a do it your selfer, I say go for it! It looks great, you did it your self and **** anyone that doesn't like it. Your opinion is all that matters! It looks great brother.
I spent some time on them! I would not like to spend 35 dollars on the little inserts. And I wanted it to feel gritty also. Thanks again man appreciate that compliment.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaker t5
You didn't piss me off I was just saying don't trash something that you are in control of or you can't use right

I didnt say which one is better I just said that dupicolor is not as bad as you made it out to be

In the wrong hands the best things in the world can turn to crap

I tried using Duplicolor and it ran everywhere. It even ran down the front of the can as I was spraying it. You want to insult my painting skills too?

-Deke
Old 05-01-2014, 07:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Deke
I tried using Duplicolor and it ran everywhere. It even ran down the front of the can as I was spraying it. You want to insult my painting skills too? -Deke
My gf has a jku and I have a jk. Cut both fenders on both jeeps. Painted wheel wells on my jk with rustoleom. Tried to paint her jku with dupi and it leaked, dripped, ran, and spattered everywhere. I know what your saying man.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:17 PM
JK Super Freak

I tried using Duplicolor and it ran everywhere. It even ran down the front of the can as I was spraying it. You want to insult my painting skills too?

-Deke
Again the guy using the can is the issue not brand or the can , but hey what do I know I have only been using it since 2009 I think I have more bedliner on my jeep then paint

Last edited by jaker t5; 05-01-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks nice man!
Old 05-02-2014, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaker t5
Again the guy using the can is the issue not brand or the can , but hey what do I know I have only been using it since 2009 I think I have more bedliner on my jeep then paint
Again you're not reading, it IS the can! Why don't you read my thread on painting my 1/2 doors before you say I don't know what I'm doing when it come to rattle can painting... https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...8/#post3647505

Post some pics of your work, I want to see the results of your awesome superior painting skills.

-Deke
Old 05-02-2014, 05:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Again you're not reading, it IS the can! Why don't you read my thread on painting my 1/2 doors before you say I don't know what I'm doing when it come to rattle can painting... https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...8/#post3647505

Post some pics of your work, I want to see the results of your awesome superior painting skills.

-Deke
Sure why not and this is all bedliner
Bumper and grill

Swing out on the carrier

Rear Fender wells

Rails

Tie rod and disconnects

Custom shock mounts

Whole axle

Tool box

Intake on my other car

And just in case you want regular paint my cowl

Last edited by jaker t5; 05-02-2014 at 05:13 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

What did you use for the blue? The texture looks nothing like the crap I used and it didn't come on colors, just black.

-Deke
Old 05-02-2014, 06:20 AM
JK Super Freak

What did you use for the blue? The texture looks nothing like the crap I used and it didn't come on colors, just black.

-Deke
It's just the bedliner with blue spray paint over it

Quick Reply: Another free mod