Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another free mod

Old 05-01-2014, 09:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
I've used it. You did the plastic handles in that too? I'm thinking of buying the steel handles. Powder coated black. I hate faded plastic.
Yes I used it on the handles and the cup on in the door under the handles. Just taped it off well and sprayed it while handles were on. Spraying the handles and under them at the same time. Makes the handles feel more rugged and not have a faded look
Old 05-01-2014, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jaker t5
Why , what's wrong with the dupicolor bedliner
Dupi bed liner is too runny and isn't rough enough and it flakes off after a while. I have ran the rustoleom brand for a long time with no chipping, scratching, flaking, etc. and the application is a lot easier. I use it on my grille, wheel wells, offroad jack, and now door handles. Just a better product in my opinion
Old 05-01-2014, 04:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by taylorfain2009
Dupi bed liner is too runny and isn't rough enough and it flakes off after a while. I have ran the rustoleom brand for a long time with no chipping, scratching, flaking, etc. and the application is a lot easier. I use it on my grille, wheel wells, offroad jack, and now door handles. Just a better product in my opinion
So I guess it's just a user problem , because I have only used dupicolor and never had none of those issues

And they both come on in a spray can so how is the application easier unless you are not using the spray cans

Oh and I have used the dupicolor on grill , front bumper , rear bumper , sliders , front axle the whole axle , wheel wells , pinch seam , light bar mount , sway bar disconnects and tie rod and none of those have issues
Old 05-01-2014, 05:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I guess it's just a user problem , because I have only used dupicolor and never had none of those issues And they both come on in a spray can so how is the application easier unless you are not using the spray cans Oh and I have used the dupicolor on grill , front bumper , rear bumper , sliders , front axle the whole axle , wheel wells , pinch seam , light bar mount , sway bar disconnects and tie rod and none of those have issues
Woh touchy subject for you huh. Don't think he was trying to offend anyone.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I guess it's just a user problem , because I have only used dupicolor and never had none of those issues And they both come on in a spray can so how is the application easier unless you are not using the spray cans Oh and I have used the dupicolor on grill , front bumper , rear bumper , sliders , front axle the whole axle , wheel wells , pinch seam , light bar mount , sway bar disconnects and tie rod and none of those have issues
Just his personal preference I'm assuming. And maybe you are in a different climate than he is? Either way I don't think it matters.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
any noise coming from them when driving down the road?
I drilled my handles about a year ago. No noise.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just a heads up. You don't have to paint the cup behind the door handle, they make a black plastic insert that has a adhesive back and looks great and cost next to nothing. It also won't flake, scratch, or peel.....
Old 05-01-2014, 07:03 PM
JK Newbie

Guess I pissed you off. I just think dupicolor is garbage. Big deal. Personal preference. I'm not trying to have an argument or a discussion about what kind of Bed liner is the best. If I wanted that I would have posted that as the thread stating "what is the best bed liner out of a can to use" but I didn't. Anyways I just wanted to show everyone my door handles. Thanks all for the comments.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeep305
Just a heads up. You don't have to paint the cup behind the door handle, they make a black plastic insert that has a adhesive back and looks great and cost next to nothing. It also won't flake, scratch, or peel.....
Lol I saw this today on eBay and I was like... Well I could have just bought that haha.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by taylorfain2009
Guess I pissed you off. I just think dupicolor is garbage. Big deal. Personal preference. I'm not trying to have an argument or a discussion about what kind of Bed liner is the best. If I wanted that I would have posted that as the thread stating "what is the best bed liner out of a can to use" but I didn't. Anyways I just wanted to show everyone my door handles. Thanks all for the comments.
You didn't piss me off I was just saying don't trash something that you are in control of or you can't use right

I didnt say which one is better I just said that dupicolor is not as bad as you made it out to be

In the wrong hands the best things in the world can turn to crap

Quick Reply: Another free mod