Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another dumb DW thread

Old 04-04-2012, 08:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another dumb DW thread

So i've posted on here a few times about my problems with DW, but still can't seem to get it fixed and I am hoping for a little help. I've got two sets of tires that I run, stock and some 35's. The jeep starts to wobble a little with either set, but I will only start to wobble so bad I have to stop with the bigger tires on. I've gone throughout the checklist here a few times, and I've pretty much determined that the problem is the track bar. I had one from RE on there, and found out it was recalled. Replaced it and put a new one on, and while the wobble doesn't happen as often, it still happens. I've tightened the bolts holding it to about 125 with the weight of the jeep on the ground. Then to 150, and now they are tightened to - all of my might and i can't get it any tighter if I wanted -
But, when the jeep is on the ground, I can see and feel the track bar moving up and down as someone turns the steering wheel. I don't think it is supposed to move at all right? Anybody have any ideas of how to fix this?
Old 04-04-2012, 09:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How does your steering geometry look? The drag link should parallel the track as closely as it can.

Do you have a dropped pitman arm? I've had trouble in the past with them and the extra leverage that they create. Got rid of it and also did a drag link flip kit.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

I have switched out the bolts, no play whatsoever in them while installed through the frame sans track bar or just installed in the track bar bushings. The geometry looks pretty decent to me, it's only a 3.5 lift, no drop pitman arm.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:27 AM
JK Newbie

mostly hitting a bump and the wheel starts to shake. about 1 out of 5 times, that shake will then develop into a wobble that requires almost stopping (at least below 10mph).

Quick Reply: Another dumb DW thread