Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another day, New problem

Old 06-08-2024, 07:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another day, New problem

My mechanic changed the draglink. First he mount a non flipped drag link but I have the high Steer kit trackbar... Of course after driving 20 miles I went back to him and asked for a flipped drag link to aligh with track bar.

OK he mounted the new flipped drag link, and now when I drive and turn car in curbs, even at 10 miles per hour, Esp lights up and abs kicks in pedal. When I'm driving straight, no issues.

I was to a geometry shop, and perfectly aligned wheel and tires etc.

Problem persists.

From your experience, what in the name of God happened?

Jeep JK 3.5 inch lift.

Thanks a lot!
Old 06-10-2024, 10:13 PM
JK Newbie

Nobody knows? 🥺
Old 06-11-2024, 08:42 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,699 Posts

Can you add some pictures of your steering components please. Maybe something will jump out. ABS kicks in but no ABS code is thrown in the ABS module? I'd be looking at the live data under the ABS module to see which wheel it is that is throwing things off. Since you can drive straight with no issues, it doesn't seem like a steering angle sensor thing at all. It seems more like an ABS sensor that is not happy with a tone ring as the steering is cycled.
Old 06-12-2024, 12:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Can you add some pictures of your steering components please. Maybe something will jump out. ABS kicks in but no ABS code is thrown in the ABS module? I'd be looking at the live data under the ABS module to see which wheel it is that is throwing things off. Since you can drive straight with no issues, it doesn't seem like a steering angle sensor thing at all. It seems more like an ABS sensor that is not happy with a tone ring as the steering is cycled.
Hi and thank you for answer. I'll upload some pics later today when I'll get under car.
So ABS kicks in at almost any slight curve If I press brake pedal. Esp light comes on in narrow curves, but doesn't remain on, is just licking like when you loose traction. I have no error codes. Abs sensors are new, I have changed the bearings with sensors.

So this error is new, and come up after mechanic mounted the drag link. Before that, everything was fine.
​​
Old 06-12-2024, 04:21 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,699 Posts

Y, i mean, realistically it seems mainly like coincidence. There's not much you could mess up fiddling with 2 bolts to swap a drag link, and having the drag link installed in the factory position wouldn't have messed anything up, though it obviously is a low-quality ride in regard to steering and driveability when the DL and TB get out of parallel.

I don't suppose you have Jscan or another scanner that can read live data? There are live PIDs under the ABS module that would allow you to see things like wheel speed at each corner and various other values that could help offer insight to what is not happy and making the ABS kick in.

Last edited by resharp001; 06-12-2024 at 04:25 AM.
Old 06-12-2024, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Y, i mean, realistically it seems mainly like coincidence. There's not much you could mess up fiddling with 2 bolts to swap a drag link, and having the drag link installed in the factory position wouldn't have messed anything up, though it obviously is a low-quality ride in regard to steering and driveability when the DL and TB get out of parallel.

I don't suppose you have Jscan or another scanner that can read live data? There are live PIDs under the ABS module that would allow you to see things like wheel speed at each corner and various other values that could help offer insight to what is not happy and making the ABS kick in.
Hi! Just a quick update on what I did today.

When I bought this JK (I bought it second hand) , the wheel was not straight, but a bit few degrees to the right. When I mounted the new trackbar, obviously the mechanic put it straight, also the geometry shop put the wheel straight

I do have jscan, and double checked the wheel angle sensor, and was exactly at 0 degrees after the new draglink mount, how is supposed to be.

So I assumed might have something to do with wheel alignment, and today I moved the wheel from 0 degree position to slight right as it was before the drag link mount.

Now, in curves the esp doesn't turn on anymore, but still abs kicks in.

​​And the wheel is not straight anymore,

So I'm guessing has something to do with wheel position. Maybe clockspring was changed by previous owner and mounted with wheel not straight? And once I put the wheel straight could cause this error?

Or any other thing related with wheel? Steering column or something.

Quick Reply: Another day, New problem