Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another bumper poll

Old 01-15-2009, 06:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Littlejon
I guess the best question is what do you want or need more, a mid-width or a full width. Each has their advantages and disadvantages. If you want ARB then David at North Ridge has a great deal on them, or you could go to Screaming Lizard and get the Shrock faster if they have what you are looking for in stock.
I want one for A) do away with plastic junk B) Front recovery points since I have none....It looks like with the mid-width you would be able to put your tire on an object alittle better, but thats not a real big concern of mine since I live where there are no rocks, maybe once in awhile! I guess the deciding factor will be whats in stock when it comes that time! If SLC customs has them it will be Shrockworks....and if not I'll give another call!! Thanks guys!
Old 01-15-2009, 06:25 AM
JK Freak

If your looking for a custom bumper and don't want to wait, check out Bulldog Fab. I have had mine for about seven months and it can take a beating! Just my two cents, I love mine and the price was great!
Old 01-15-2009, 09:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a big fan of Mitchell's Bulldog Fab bumpers. Also, I am NOT a big fan of full width bumpers. I prefer stubbies, or mid-width at the most, for trail performance. You may not have many rocks there, but if you wheel much at all you are going to come across a steep shelf of somekind eventually that you will not be able to climb because your bumper ends on a full-width will get in the way... Just my opinion, but it is based on what I have seen on the trails MANY times...
Old 01-15-2009, 10:16 AM
JK Super Freak

I was between the Shroclworks and the LoD. I went with the LoD simply because of the delivery time, 2 weeks. I installed it last night and could not be happier.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Damn I got nothin.... I ordered my schrockworks stubby on 12-26 and its only been 3 weeks I think im going to be sick reading all the posts about the extremely long waits... 20+ for some.... I called them and they said 6-8 i also ordered a winch and they said that it will ship first and its about a week after the winch arrives that you will get the bumper.....

Quick Reply: Another bumper poll