Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another bumper poll

Old 01-14-2009, 02:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another bumper poll

Its getting time for tax returns

My next upgrade is front bumpers....Ive got it down to 2! ARB winch Bumper or Shrockworks midwidth w/ winch tube?? I really like the Shrockworks but not to interested in waiting that long for one...like Ive been reading! And ARB name is well known and liked(had it on my TJ)....

What are the opinions between the two and maybe the latest waiting list for Shrockworks?
Old 01-14-2009, 02:29 PM
JK Junkie

I got the shrockworks mid-width and I got it from Screamin lizards customs NO WAIT... But one you may consider looking at if you want a custom bumper is a Bulldog Fab bumper. I did not know of them until after i got mine but I would of had Mitch make me one. Something to consider. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sponsoring-manufacturers-vendors-check-out-cyber-monday-specials-24/bulldog-fab-46105/
Old 01-14-2009, 02:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Shrockworks mid-width - You will not be sorry. It's worth the wait. Great bumper. Once you get it installed you quickly forget about how long it took to get.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:50 PM
JK Freak

I went with the ARB since it was the best looking full width bumper out there (in my opinion) but it is a total pain in the a$$ to install since:

1. The Jackasses powercoated the threads of the mounting nuts. This caused soooooooo much pain and suffering!!!
2. The mounting nuts did not line up with the holes in the frame rail (You have to use a drill to enlarge the holes on some of them.

I would probably not do it again if I had the choice. I would have gone either with the Shrock mid, LOD Mid, or Expedition one full.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm sold on the Lod bumpers and sliders. I'm sure in the wait time for them though
Old 01-14-2009, 03:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Shrockworks gets my vote.

I'm running their stubby and sliders.

----------------
Now playing: Jesu - Wash It All Away
via FoxyTunes
Old 01-14-2009, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Despite the wait time I still went with a Shrock stubby....I've been waiting 20+ weeks now but know in the long run it will be worth it & in my opinion it's the best looking bumper out there.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:29 PM
JK Super Freak

ARB Front, easy install, had a couple bolt holes with welding slag, once I saw that I simply knocked them off and install after work. I had two broken ribs and my wife (very small) helped with the lift. It does take a couple hours though. Lotta bang for the buck.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:04 PM
JK Freak

I just ordered ARB. Wanted to keep the stock fenders. If I ever wanted flat fenders then a shorty is the only one that looks good to me. I love the Shrockworks shorty but did not want to wait half a year for it and I think the ARB looks awsome as well and very Awsome with the stock fenders.

Its all a matter of taste and opinion. Trust your own opinion and buy what YOU want.

Good luck.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess the best question is what do you want or need more, a mid-width or a full width. Each has their advantages and disadvantages. If you want ARB then David at North Ridge has a great deal on them, or you could go to Screaming Lizard and get the Shrock faster if they have what you are looking for in stock.

Quick Reply: Another bumper poll