Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another broken axle...

Old 03-17-2008, 06:07 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have some D30 parts laying around

u-joints break, it happens...
Old 03-17-2008, 06:21 PM
JK Freak

yah as long as the u joint stays that way ... it can be fixed. I am going to tlak to them and if the axle isn't covered, because i had to have my driveshafts altered when i got the lift installed ,its going to the 4x4 shop i do everything else with.

The only thing i am taking the jeep to the dealership for would be the axle/r & p gear etc ... but like you said, if they won't cover it .. it ain't going in.

we would upgrade axles and get higher gears ..... eventually and just work like crazy to et the engine running in our XJ so I have a rig to drive til' we have the money.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow im glad i found this thread. This weekend i was in some sand at a new construction site and i heard loud pop, jeep stopped moving but the rpms and mph were still going. Left it in first gear at idle and jumped out(jeep wasnt moving) and the drive shaft was spinning but the wheels were not. I put it in 4hi to get it back on the street( was too far out for a tow truck to reach it) and then the front end started clanking loudly and the jeeps just froze hard. after that, the wheels wouldn not move, even being pulled in neutral. I was very mad and didnt even look at u joints or axles or anything. I had it towed to a dealership and now im waiting to hear back from them.

I had just gotten the jeep back from the dealer for leaky drivers and passengers door. I think they fixed the drivers side but the passenger side runs like a waterfall now when befor it only dripped a few drops in a heavy rain.

When the jeep is off and i open the passenger door the dome light comes on. Fine. When i close the door and walk away, it will not go off at all. I have to open the drivers door, put the key in the on position, pull it out then close the drivers door befor it goes off.

past couple of weeks the ESP has a mind of its own.

I have no mods, no electrical, no mechanical, just a muffler. No lift, no aftermarket wheels and tires.Nothing, it is stock. When i bought the jeep i was in no position to buy a new car. I was upside down on my SRT-4 but traded it in anyway and got a 20k jeep for 28k. No big deal, i was glad to be back in a jeep. Well, its a big deal now and im tired of this pos. I miss my TJ.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:28 PM
JK Freak

we are going to replace the u joint. My friend has the tools. I am gonna do it with him ...

as for the axle axle and the sound it was making and such ... if the dealership wont look at it and if they have to look at it ot cover it and dont , i will just go to the 4x4 shop i got my lift at .... hes a friend too.

Either way ... lets just hope it gets fixed in a timely manner (knock on wood) that it doesn't need a new axle and gearing n' the works.

Quick Reply: Another broken axle...