Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

another back spacing question

Old 09-15-2013, 07:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another back spacing question

i've got these rims that are 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern with 35's that i would like to use on my jku. the back spacing measured to 4.25. a wheel adapter from spidertrax i believe measures 1.25, now, will 3 inches of back spacing be ok with 35's and no lift? i'm just trying to figure out how i want to run this set up, my other option would be to move the 35's over to the stock rims and run wheel spacers. any advice would be appreciated.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:11 PM
JK Junkie

You'll be fine with 3" of backspacing. If you move to stock wheels and spacers then you'll be around 4.75-5" of bs (IIRC). Either way you'll be looking at spacers- it just depends how far you'd like the wheels to sit out.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-15-2013, 08:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3" backspacing will stick out very wide. I would say you want to be around 4.5, so if it were me i think i would do the stock wheels and spacers.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:19 PM
JK Junkie

There's no mention of wheel width, so you cannot assume 3" of backspacing will stick out quite a bit.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls
There's no mention of wheel width, so you cannot assume 3" of backspacing will stick out quite a bit.

wheels are 17 x8, they came with 35x12.50 mtr's, right now on my jeep i have stock rubi wheels and tires with 1.5 spacers. so i'm thinking i'll p/u some wheel adapters and use the rims that they came with instead of moving the tires over to the stock rubi wheels. i'd post pics but i'm technologically inept, and its dark outside, the wheels look like cragar soft 8's. (i'm just guessing from pics i've seen). anyways, thanx for all the input.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:27 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You want to buy adapters and run a 3 BS instead of just swapping the tires onto your current stock rims w/spacers?

Sell the new rims and use that money to buy a BB lift so you don't rub?

Or how about selling the new rims to fund some new rims with the correct pattern and proper BS, then you can sell your current rims + spacers for a net profit, and then buy a coil lift?

Or ...

Quick Reply: another back spacing question