Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Another...37's on a 08 Sahara questions

Old 08-26-2009, 06:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Do what you want man, it's your jk. Build it how you want and go from there. Look at WOL's rig and he still breaks shit, but he wheels ALOT and very difficult trails. I'm fixin to put 37's on my D-30, when I break it, I'll put a 60 in the front. And I'm gonna be the one paying the $$$ for it, no one else.
Thanks man, I'm probably staying with the 35's but I agree with you....whatever floats your boat !!! hahaha. And by the way, I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to have the looks, some people might not like what one does with its rig but that's the beauty of it.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BLACKSTONE
The reason you can't understand it is that you have ZERO experience and don't know what the hell you are talking about like most newbs on here. Like Omaha said 37's on a D30 are crazy!
Probably more than zero experience. I never said that they wouldn't break. I just said that your attitude of "if they aren't breaking you aren't trying hard enough" is wrong. People break things on the road if they try hard enough. Perhaps I should start performing 4 wheel burnouts to see if I can do that hard enough.
I just get sick of Morons on here. I've wheeled the shit out of my JK and haven't had one single freaking problem. YOu know why? Because I take care of my shit and know its limitations.
So do people who don't wheel as hard as you, because they don't want to replace things. I also refuse to go "mudding", as it causes too much hassle and leads to things breaking. Guess I'm not EXTREME enough for that either.
Its your jeep, do all the dumb stuff you want to but please don't come on here bitching about after you tear it up.
I'm not the one who talks about "wheeling the shit" out of something. I don't have an assload of armor on my Jeep either. Putting armor on weighs more, and simply allows you to run into things instead of picking a line to keep from plowing into them. Some places don't have bypasses and lead to trail damage. I don't run those, because I don't wheel to break things. I wheel to go out and have fun. Towing my rig home isn't fun.
Once again, your attitude has turned off at least one person who does go out on the trail (but I don't wheel according to you), and has turned off a newbie who was asking legitimate questions. You probably boo people who back off of obstacles too.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
Probably more than zero experience. I never said that they wouldn't break. I just said that your attitude of "if they aren't breaking you aren't trying hard enough" is wrong. People break things on the road if they try hard enough. Perhaps I should start performing 4 wheel burnouts to see if I can do that hard enough.

So do people who don't wheel as hard as you, because they don't want to replace things. I also refuse to go "mudding", as it causes too much hassle and leads to things breaking. Guess I'm not EXTREME enough for that either.

I'm not the one who talks about "wheeling the shit" out of something. I don't have an assload of armor on my Jeep either. Putting armor on weighs more, and simply allows you to run into things instead of picking a line to keep from plowing into them. Some places don't have bypasses and lead to trail damage. I don't run those, because I don't wheel to break things. I wheel to go out and have fun. Towing my rig home isn't fun.
Once again, your attitude has turned off at least one person who does go out on the trail (but I don't wheel according to you), and has turned off a newbie who was asking legitimate questions. You probably boo people who back off of obstacles too.

Actually you misquoted me and now you are resulting to making up stuff like a 12 year old to support your arguement. Evidentally you are not smart enough to even comprehend the point. The point was you CAN Wheel it Hard or whatever your definition of hard is without breaking stuff with the right equipment. On the other hand you can put huge wheels and tires on a x with a D30 and break shit doing very little.
Who said anything about armor or towing anything home. Man you have an imagination.
Actually women like you are what is ruining this board. The "noob" asked questions that he obviously doesn't know the answers too. Why ask advice when you already have your mind made up? Makes no sense and is a complete waste of time. It gets old seeing the same old questions on here so I WILL NO LONGER RESPOND. Shouldn’t have on this one but was board at work. Idiots get on here and ask dumb questions and then when they don’t get the thumbs up or the answer they want to here, they get mad or get their feelings hurt. You two girls need to grow a set. Oh and by the way I don’t come on this board to turn people on or off so please keep the gay comments to your self. This is a Jeep forum get over yourself. So lets review. You don't have money to upgrade axles or get the correct lift, axle, and gear combo so you are going to do it half ass anyway and put 37's on your rig and when you blow your axles and ruin your gears(which won't take long) your just going to throw in D44s, install correct gears, and fix whatever else you broke? LMAO
Yeah so you are going to have 8 or 9 grand laying around to do that? I doubt it.
Anyway like I said I could care less so go do whatever dude. Sorry for giving you knowledgeable advice and trying to save you a ton of money. And no don't worry, I will never see you on a "trail". I don't mall crawl

Last edited by BLACKSTONE; 08-27-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BLACKSTONE
Actually you misquoted me and now you are resulting to making up stuff like a 12 year old to support your arguement. Evidentally you are not smart enough to even comprehend the point. The point was you CAN Wheel it Hard or whatever your definition of hard is without breaking stuff with the right equipment. On the other hand you can put huge wheels and tires on a x with a D30 and break shit doing very little.
Who said anything about armor or towing anything home. Man you have an imagination.
Actually women like you are what is ruining this board. The "noob" asked questions that he obviously doesn't know the answers too. Why ask advice when you already have your mind made up? Makes no sense and is a complete waste of time. It gets old seeing the same old questions on here so I WILL NO LONGER RESPOND. Shouldn’t have on this one but was board at work. Idiots get on here and ask dumb questions and then when they don’t get the thumbs up or the answer they want to here, they get mad or get their feelings hurt. You two girls need to grow a set. Oh and by the way I don’t come on this board to turn people on or off so please keep the gay comments to your self. This is a Jeep forum get over yourself. So lets review. You don't have money to upgrade axles or get the correct lift, axle, and gear combo so you are going to do it half ass anyway and put 37's on your rig and when you blow your axles and ruin your gears(which won't take long) your just going to throw in D44s, install correct gears, and fix whatever else you broke? LMAO
Yeah so you are going to have 8 or 9 grand laying around to do that? I doubt it.
Anyway like I said I could care less so go do whatever dude. Sorry for giving you knowledgeable advice and trying to save you a ton of money. And no don't worry, I will never see you on a "trail". I don't mall crawl

First, as you can see on one of my responses I said I am staying with 35's and not 37's, which means that I do listen to your advice.

Second, I do have the money to upgrade more things but I just don't want to do it yet, like I said before I want to grow my skills along with my Jeep, so I don't want to spend a lot of money to go "mall crawling", you see I am not as "good" or "macho" as you are (which I really doubt to be honest).

So as you can see I didn't have my mind set before asking this question but I do think that next time you should just ignore questions like this from idiots like me, we are not at your level man, you are too good for us.

Thanks.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:45 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alright guys, enough is enough, Thread Closed.

Quick Reply: Another...37's on a 08 Sahara questions