Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

American Racing wheels?

Old 07-15-2007, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile American Racing wheels?

Hi all Jeepers!! I have a question for anyone that can answer...I have a 2007 Jeep wrangler 2dr X model with 16" stock steel rims. I was wondering if American Racing Python (chrome) series 720 rims would work on my Jeep? If anyone could help me out, it would be greatly apreciated. thanks.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:06 PM
JK Freak

It all really depends on what size rubber you plan on running. But you will have to watch the backspacing. These should work if you plan on running the stock size rubber. You can always use spacers if you change your tire size in the future
Old 07-15-2007, 07:23 PM
JK Newbie

Only thing they show with the 5x5 bp is a 15x8 wheel. The 15's seem to be hit or miss as to whether or not they'll work out on a JK application. That size shows 3.75" backspacing, so that shouldn't be an issue unless you need to keep the tires covered up. Best bet is to see if you can find a local dealer to test fit one onto the Jeep to make sure there's no brake clearance issues before you go ahead and commit to a set.

Quick Reply: American Racing wheels?