Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

American Racing Mojave with Teflon

Old 10-11-2007, 03:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American Racing Mojave with Teflon

Anyone have any pics with these wheels or have any experience with them?
Old 10-11-2007, 08:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

No pics, but my friend bought a set of American Racing rims with the Teflon coating two years ago - the coating is very high quality. Compared to powder coating, I would say superior - better chip and abrasion resistance (I've been in the powder coatings industry for 15+ years, so have a good baseline to compare it to)
Old 10-11-2007, 09:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well no experiance here but just seen these in person and I love the coating, it was darker grey then I thought ... nice!
Old 10-12-2007, 04:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jpwv
Anyone have any pics with these wheels or have any experience with them?
I don't think they're out yet in 5x5. Last I heard they were scheduled for end of November, same as the Chambers in Teflon (I'm waiting for those).

js.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

You can see pics of these wheels in the new(est) Quadratec catalog labelled "2007". Has a rescue green JK with the windshield folded down and some wuss picking apples...

Nice looking wheels methinks!
Old 10-18-2007, 04:26 PM
JK Newbie

they are for sale on quadratec. 5x5
Old 10-20-2007, 12:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I haven't seen a JK with teflon coated Mojave wheels yet but I have them on our XJ and TJ. The paint is a pain for balance weights. You have to grind it off to make stick on weights stay on. I did use dynabeads to start off with but we used a gas station air compressor to air up after a trip and the oil in the air made the beads stick to the inside of the tire.

Now that we have been wheeling with them in the rocks a lot they have started to get scratched up around the rims. I'm probably going to send them to Champion to have them made into beadlocks. If they need refinishing afterwards they will get sprayed in a semi-matt paint.

Sorry, this is the only clean picture I have of my wheels face on. It was taken when they were new at Clayton's workshop on his ramp.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by fyerman69
You can see pics of these wheels in the new(est) Quadratec catalog labelled "2007". Has a rescue green JK with the windshield folded down and some wuss picking apples...

Nice looking wheels methinks!

Quick Reply: American Racing Mojave with Teflon