Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Am I sagging too much?

Old 09-23-2014, 04:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AngryRedBird
Say, do you flex allot.. or have quick dicso?.. i didn't notice if you did.. Even if you line these back up and without anchoring them down.. it will happen again.. In many cases it's prob best to start with a clean slate.. this way you know what you're getting and getting into.
I have a rubi so usually have it discod as it's a button.

Measured the distance and this what I got.
Front - 6.75"*
Rear - 6.5"

All the springs are seated correctly as well.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

definitely sagging. my 1.5" RK lift if following those measurements is 6.875" up front and 6.75" in back. 2014 jkur

Last edited by jadmt; 09-24-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Wow, no kidding then. Zone told me it looks like their 4" lift from the pictures and the Jeep really doesn't look 2.5" taller then yours.

I don't have any side pictures but this is it from an angle at least. The rear fenders are trimmed as well so it might 'look' taller but its really not. Definitely have it lower in the rear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	I7cYp2z.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	585.1 KB
ID:	679780

Click image for larger version

Name:	e3epjOa.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	335.1 KB
ID:	679781
Old 09-24-2014, 06:32 AM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good pics none the less.. and the only reason I suggested the sway drops.. was that if one added the spacers.. the sway may be off slightly.. the blocks would bring the sway back to a more relative location.. But adding the spacers on these coils.. may just make them bow more.. Yet I see others say sag.. I'f it was sagging.. The coils would sag or droop.. in his image the coils are being forced to bow.. which could indicate weight or otherwise.. which is what we are attempting to determine.. would adding new coils correct this?.. maybe.. But what about adding coil overs.. the shocks within the coils.. that for sure would limit the bowing effect.. But I'm under the assumption that it's just the front that's bowing and not the back.. is this true?
Old 09-24-2014, 06:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But adding the spacers on these coils.. may just make them bow more
First time I've ever heard of a 1" spacer making coils bow. Can you explain your theory to us?

If the suspension system was designed at 4" and now has dropped to 3" bc of coil sag, what will it hurt raising the height of the system back to the original 4" mark? No other weight is being added to "make the coils bow more", it's the same Jeep.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:00 AM
-

Theory.. If the coils are bowing now and adding more than .75 spacer (factory speaker width) one would feel (me) that the bowing would continue, which could point to the other issue.. which I've yet to find.. So why would adding an 1'' or more spacer not bow these coils?.. when they are bowed to begin with. Something is hindering these coils from reaching their max height..
Old 09-24-2014, 07:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So why would adding an 1'' or more spacer not bow these coils?.. when they are bowed to begin with. Something is hindering these coils from reaching their max height..
If the Zone suspension system was designed at 4" and now has dropped to 3" bc of coil sag, raising the body/frame 1" will put all components back to the Zone 4" specs. (control arm length, track bar, sway bar links, caster/pinion angle). No other weight is being added to "make the coils bow more", it's the same Jeep.

Sh*ty coils sag all the time. Poor design, bad R&D, overloaded, not used w/correct sus. components, ect. are all factors preventing these coils from reaching their max height.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Any suggestions on new coils that could bring me back up to 4"?
Old 09-24-2014, 07:38 AM
-

Ah, and the Body lift comment does make sense.. yet you just mentioned it.. Thought we were focusing on just the coil area.. and true crap coils (not saying zone coils are) but would make sense..

So here is what I'm wondering.. if these are the zone 4'' lift kit.. has Vladimer checked the products on the page to verify that everything within that check list was installed..

Suspension Lift Kits-2008-Jeep-Wrangler JK | Zone Offroad Products

and seeing how this was installed by someone else.. how can one be sure it is the 4'' and not the 3'' instead..
Old 09-24-2014, 07:39 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Vladimer
Any suggestions on new coils that could bring me back up to 4"?
Synergy. Dual rate. Shouldn't sag. Should settle to 4" and you might even like the ride better

Quick Reply: Am I sagging too much?