Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Am I sagging too much?

Old 09-23-2014, 11:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vladimer
Minus my Synergy products on the front end, the kit is one whole kit from Zone that the previous owner put in. I don't believe there is anything limiting the coils per say since I can fully stuff the tire and drop the opposite end without any binding or issue. I have RC front lower CA's and the axle is centered with the JKS adj bar. The rest would be stock arms though. Thanks for the picture, I'll post my measurements when I get home.
the way the front coils are both bowed out makes me think the coils are either not seated properly or that's just the way they sagged.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:37 AM
-

Originally Posted by Vladimer
Minus my Synergy products on the front end, the kit is one whole kit from Zone that the previous owner put in. I don't believe there is anything limiting the coils per say since I can fully stuff the tire and drop the opposite end without any binding or issue.
hah and so the truth be known.. yeh common issues, we are left to "clean up" others mistakes.. happens all the time.. So yeah as mentioned above.. new coils would offer a bit more resistance and you'd get to keep you factory spacers. Unless you'd actually want to incorp new coil spacers also..
Old 09-23-2014, 12:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JE8154
the way the front coils are both bowed out makes me think the coils are either not seated properly or that's just the way they sagged.
I'll take a look when I get home and see if they are seated in those little indents or not.

Originally Posted by AngryRedBird
hah and so the truth be known.. yeh common issues, we are left to "clean up" others mistakes.. happens all the time.. So yeah as mentioned above.. new coils would offer a bit more resistance and you'd get to keep you factory spacers. Unless you'd actually want to incorp new coil spacers also..
You betcha! Knew there would be some issues with it when I got it but a lot of the 'quirks' I saw were easily solved as I carried all my aftermarket stuff from the 2door to this one. I'd rather stick with full coils then to start adding in spacers. Guess we'll see if the coils are seated right and what the current ride height is once I get home.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:17 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

The mfg told you buy adjustable spacers instead of warrantying/replacing their coils that had sagged. Mighty nice of them.

The ACOS have minimum lift heights involved. 1" minimum for the front, 2" minimum for the rear. Probably not the route you want to take.

I think the axle centering comment was front to back (control arms), not side to side (trackbars). Along with some type of coil correction, might be something to consider if you choose to stay at your current height.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nthinuf
The mfg told you buy adjustable spacers instead of warrantying/replacing their coils that had sagged. Mighty nice of them.

The ACOS have minimum lift heights involved. 1" minimum for the front, 2" minimum for the rear. Probably not the route you want to take.

I think the axle centering comment was front to back (control arms), not side to side (trackbars). Along with some type of coil correction, might be something to consider if you choose to stay at your current height.
You know.... that is a good point!

The axle centering front to back 'should' be good. I had a shop give me a print out of where I stood after I replaced the front end stuff and they said the numbers were good. I think they called it the thrust angle? I still have the print out in the garage so I can post the results on that one.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:56 PM
-

Say, do you flex allot.. or have quick dicso?.. i didn't notice if you did.. Even if you line these back up and without anchoring them down.. it will happen again.. In many cases it's prob best to start with a clean slate.. this way you know what you're getting and getting into.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:59 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AngryRedBird
Say, do you flex allot.. or have quick dicso?.. i didn't notice if you did.. Even if you line these back up and without anchoring them down.. it will happen again.. In many cases it's prob best to start with a clean slate.. this way you know what you're getting and getting into.
That's assuming the OP's shocks are too long allowing the springs to become unseated. Wheeling in CO my JK gets lots of flex and the coils have never moved.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:03 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Here is the thread the measurement pictures above were taken from: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...ements-297499/
Old 09-23-2014, 02:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Ncb
Use the measurements in the attachments to see exactly how much lift you currently have.
this always kills me how much difference there is +/- on stock rubicon suspensions.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:30 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jadmt
this always kills me how much difference there is +/- on stock rubicon suspensions.
With all of the factory spring part numbers I'd bet they're all pretty close. The only way to get correct caster numbers from the factory is to get the suspension height set to spec. Although I do know the quality on Jeeps isn't exactly excellent.

Quick Reply: Am I sagging too much?