Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Am I the only one

Old 03-29-2012, 05:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jklawrence3991
Yeah I'm aware that I am not driving a hot rod...and I was aware of that when I purchased the Jeep. It's not speed I am looking for; just to get rid of the constant gear hunting when going up slight inclines... Thanks for the advice and I will definetly be contacting Globex to get a quote and get things rolling. I really appreciate your help...any idea of an estimated cost? Or what gear ratio would be best?
I believe they charge $250 an axle if I remember correctly? Call him up, he'll help you out. As far as what ratio, thats another sore subject here as all the "pro's" will come and chime in. 4.88 would seem ideal, but heck - what do I know... I'm just a JK-Forum member....
Old 03-29-2012, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great I'll look into that shop too. Any advice on what gear ratio would be best?
4.56 or 4.88.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:31 AM
JK Junkie

and I live in Jersey there is no such thing as life in the right lane of a highway ha
Amen to that.... if you're not doing 10mph over the speed limit, you're gonna get dirty looks, people cutting you off, and well....you don't belong in Jersey! haha
Old 03-29-2012, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

my advice if your just looking to get rid of the gear hunting swap in a 6 speed the you get to pick and sorry if I seemed like a dick theres just too many people that expect these things to be like a regular suv and well as most of us know there not and thats why I love mine
Old 03-29-2012, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 2012_UR
my advice if your just looking to get rid of the gear hunting swap in a 6 speed the you get to pick and sorry if I seemed like a dick theres just too many people that expect these things to be like a regular suv and well as most of us know there not and thats why I love mine
No worries man I know that seems to be the case many times. However I'm not going to switch to a 6 speed it's brand new. If I ever do anything drastic it will be a HEMI! Haha maybe if I hit the lotto. Thanks for your advice tho
Old 03-29-2012, 05:54 AM
JK Junkie

No worries man I know that seems to be the case many times. However I'm not going to switch to a 6 speed it's brand new. If I ever do anything drastic it will be a HEMI! Haha maybe if I hit the lotto. Thanks for your advice tho
NJ Mega Millions dude! What is it up to now? $465 million? I think thats the record for Jersey....
Old 03-29-2012, 06:06 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC

NJ Mega Millions dude! What is it up to now? $465 million? I think thats the record for Jersey....
It's actually 500million and the largest jackpot ever! Buy ur tickets!
That will buy Alot of jeep parts!
Old 03-29-2012, 06:10 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rinkishJK
It's actually 500million and the largest jackpot ever! Buy ur tickets!
That will buy Alot of jeep parts!
Well hot dog.... even more than what I thought. Shit, I'd buy a jeep for every day of the week... hell, i'd even buy jeeps for all the sorry asses who drive hummers. man oh man, what it would be like to be a multi-millionaire....
Old 03-29-2012, 06:20 AM
JK Newbie

Hahahaha 500 mil I could probably spend half on mods. Anyway I'm making some calls today or tomorrow let u know how it goes guys thanks for the help
Old 03-29-2012, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey man I never said I wanted it to be a sports car...I realize that a Jeep is a Jeep and it's meant to perform off road. However, I am just looking to get rid of that constant gear hunting.. and I live in Jersey there is no such thing as life in the right lane of a highway ha
x2...from Suffolk, NY

(no such thing as life in the right lane of a highway ha)

Quick Reply: Am I the only one