Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Am I gonna be ok doing this?

Old 07-24-2010, 04:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ClaytonTheAggie
So, I actually do have the relocation bracket, I ordered the full kit with shocks, springs, and all. If I put the new bracket on the track bar, and get the axle where it should be, will I still be rubbing rear swaybar links on the stock tires?
If you have the relocation bracket you should be good. If not, mikesjk has a good suggestion, just disconnect the rear sway bar links (bring zip-ties). If you do disconnect the rear sway bars just be extra careful on the highway, you Jeep will drive "different" for sure.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

You will still rub your swaybar links. Theo nly way to stay away from rubbing is not bolt it up, wheel spacers, or aftermarket tires. You can run down the highway without your rear swaybar connected. It will sway around turns but won't be bad. Hope this helps you out.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Alright, thanks for all the info. Think ill make my wife take her car, too, so she can carry the dogs and bags in there, and I'll probably be able to fit the tires in the Jeep that way. Don't want to damage anything I just bought. I'll just bite the bullet and use some extra gas. Man, it'll be worth it because I'm PUMPED to get this installed!
Old 07-25-2010, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Am I gonna be ok doing this?

Do you have a 2dr or 4dr? I have a 4dr and have fit 5-35x12.5x17 tires mounted to wheels with no problem. Just be careful when you make a turn that the weight of the tires doesn't shift and bend/break something.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Am I gonna be ok doing this?

I have stuffed 35s in my 2dr before. Gotta remove the rear seat and push the pass seat forward.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:25 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ClaytonTheAggie
Alright, thanks for all the info. Think ill make my wife take her car, too, so she can carry the dogs and bags in there, and I'll probably be able to fit the tires in the Jeep that way. Don't want to damage anything I just bought. I'll just bite the bullet and use some extra gas. Man, it'll be worth it because I'm PUMPED to get this installed!
Good luck, and let us know how it turns out
Old 07-28-2010, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got my lift in today! I was pleasantly surprised to find that the teraflex shocks were flat black, from photos I thought they'd be gloss black. Don't know why I thought that, but I am happy! Should get my tires in on Friday! Yes, I have a four door. I am almost 100% sure I can get all 5 wheels/tires (already mounted) in the back while it is empty, but originally I had planned on my wife (and her luggage ) and didn't think it would fit.

Quick Reply: Am I gonna be ok doing this?