Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Always that last bolt! Why me?!

Old 04-07-2016, 09:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Always that last bolt! Why me?!

Help!! While installing rockslides today I think the spot weld on the body mount nut spun loose. Of course it's the most forward body mount bolt and the last bolt of the project. The bolt (and appears the nut) just spinning without tightening. Has this happened to anyone? How can I access that nut ? Any ideas would b appreciated.

Thx.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3091544716.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	528.1 KB
ID:	643141
Old 04-08-2016, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ripa777
Help!! While installing rockslides today I think the spot weld on the body mount nut spun loose. Of course it's the most forward body mount bolt and the last bolt of the project. The bolt (and appears the nut) just spinning without tightening. Has this happened to anyone? How can I access that nut ? Any ideas would b appreciated.

Thx.

Attachment 643141
Grind off the head of the nut if you cant turn it out, then grind off the nut flange so it falls through the hole. Finally put a new nutsert in.

Here is a thread all about nutserts.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's not a nutsert that slipped. It the factory Jeep front body bolt that is spinning and will not tighten. Im assuming the factory nut broke free.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:19 AM
JK Junkie

If it's the stock body mount bolt, they have a catch up in the inside so the bolts don't fall free. Give the bolt a couple hits with a mallet, that should get it to where the threads engage.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by afpilot82
If it's the stock body mount bolt, they have a catch up in the inside so the bolts don't fall free. Give the bolt a couple hits with a mallet, that should get it to where the threads engage.
Ahhhh. Thx. Will give it a shot
Old 04-09-2016, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Is this bottom body mount bolt?

I am trying to think back to when I put my buddies PSC sliders on and if we used the factory bolts. If memory serves correctly I installed all screws and bolts then tightens everything down. Believe it or not your nutcert holes could be off just enough to not allow the forward body mount bolt to seat properly.

If the hammer does not work try loosening up all the secrets and bolts to see if you can get the front bolt to catch.

Quick Reply: Always that last bolt! Why me?!