Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ALUMINUM FENDERS: which ones to buy?!

Old 02-09-2015, 07:33 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RVA 4X4
More pics, i'm really bad at figuring out how o post attachments on the forum.
Attachment 596038
Attachment 596039
Thanks.

I was hoping for more entire front-on and entire side-on pics from a decent distance away so people could see the stance better and take it all in. Don't trouble yourself if you don't have the time but since not many people run RSE outside of maybe their step slider (you rarely see the front bumper since it's so big and doesn't look right unless you're running a decent lift and at least a 35 tire IMO), it's always interesting to see their setups.

Good job either way. Looks good from what I can tell.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1
Thanks.

I was hoping for more entire front-on and entire side-on pics from a decent distance away so people could see the stance better and take it all in. Don't trouble yourself if you don't have the time but since not many people run RSE outside of maybe their step slider (you rarely see the front bumper since it's so big and doesn't look right unless you're running a decent lift and at least a 35 tire IMO), it's always interesting to see their setups.

Good job either way. Looks good from what I can tell.
Like this? My apologies, I'm really bad with a camera...
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-02-09 13.43.40 HDR.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	596107

Name:	2015-02-09 13.44.07.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	596108
Old 02-09-2015, 10:12 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Like this? My apologies, I'm really bad with a camera...
Attachment 596107
Attachment 596108
Perfect. That actually looks really good and you don't see that setup very often. Congrats Now go get her dirty a little!

Is that the "dragon" edition or something rather that they released for the auto show overseas in asia? I member seeing something similar awhile back in a few articles. Just wondering if that was something they decided to go ahead and release here for the US as well.

Last edited by DJ1; 02-09-2015 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DJ1
Perfect. That actually looks really good and you don't see that setup very often. Congrats Now go get her dirty a little!

Is that the "dragon" edition or something rather that they released for the auto show overseas in asia? I member seeing something similar awhile back in a few articles. Just wondering if that was something they decided to go ahead and release here for the US as well.
Thanks man! Yes, it was a dragon edition. They were released in November or October of 2013. No 2 door option for the dragon edition though. The bronze/gold interior trim was replaced with altitude edition gloss black trim. The exterior bronze/gold parts were replaced with AEV, Rock Slide Engineering, and Wild Boar matte black parts. The only thing i kept from the dragon edition was the exterior decal and the dragon embroidered seats. It was dirty, i swear, but it snowed here and I wanted to get the salt off to hold back on the war with rust. The nice thing about the front bumper and flares are that they're aluminum and thus, no worries with rust. I guess aluminum can oxidize, but not sure what conditions would be necessary for that to happen... The bumper wings are removeable with 5 bolts on each side and the weather disconnects for the fog lights so I can go shorty when I go rock crawling. I've been too lazy to remove them so far and haven't had any clearance issues at all, just remove the license plate. Maybe i'll remove them this year.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:53 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Thanks man! Yes, it was a dragon edition. They were released in November or October of 2013. No 2 door option for the dragon edition though. The bronze/gold interior trim was replaced with altitude edition gloss black trim. The exterior bronze/gold parts were replaced with AEV, Rock Slide Engineering, and Wild Boar matte black parts. The only thing i kept from the dragon edition was the exterior decal and the dragon embroidered seats. It was dirty, i swear, but it snowed here and I wanted to get the salt off to hold back on the war with rust. The nice thing about the front bumper and flares are that they're aluminum and thus, no worries with rust. I guess aluminum can oxidize, but not sure what conditions would be necessary for that to happen... The bumper wings are removeable with 5 bolts on each side and the weather disconnects for the fog lights so I can go shorty when I go rock crawling. I've been too lazy to remove them so far and haven't had any clearance issues at all, just remove the license plate. Maybe i'll remove them this year.
Hmmmm didn't know the RSE aluminum fenders were also removable....similar to the MetalCloaks then and this other mfg that has since closed shop but theirs were plastic. I bet it would look pretty sweet then with the fenders off and the wings off the front.

Since your Aluminum is painted (or powder coated) already, it shouldn't be much of a concern. I run Genright Aluminum naked for the rears and if it starts to get a little dull, I just go over it with some steel wool. Just like new again.

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	596117
Old 02-09-2015, 12:40 PM
JK Newbie

I just ordered the Nemesis fenders, should be here later this week then after test fitting get them powder coated.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

More pics, i'm really bad at figuring out how o post attachments on the forum.
Attachment 596038
Attachment 596039
Those fenders are really nice.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-FREAK
Attachment 591507

Final paint and install. Very happy with the way it turned out.
Man!!! I am having a hard time deciding on whether to color match or powdercoat my Nemesis Fenders!! Color match looks good but I already have a lot of grey on my jeep. What did it run you to have them color matched? Any particular shop you had do it?
Old 02-09-2015, 07:26 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OCOutdoors
Man!!! I am having a hard time deciding on whether to color match or powdercoat my Nemesis Fenders!! Color match looks good but I already have a lot of grey on my jeep. What did it run you to have them color matched? Any particular shop you had do it?
You can't get commando green in powdercoat(wish I could but it doesn't exist), so it was either color match or PC in black. Way I figured it, I'd do CG now, and if/when they get really abused I can always go black later for a "new look." CG was also only available in 2013, so I decided to "celebrate" this color rather than add a ton of black to take away from it. It boils down to personal preference. It's your jeep, go with your gut.

I used a local paint shop. It was around $350 I think. They painted my PSC cage too.

Name:	image-1086066723.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	596191
Old 02-10-2015, 06:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DJ1
Hmmmm didn't know the RSE aluminum fenders were also removable....similar to the MetalCloaks then and this other mfg that has since closed shop but theirs were plastic. I bet it would look pretty sweet then with the fenders off and the wings off the front.

Since your Aluminum is painted (or powder coated) already, it shouldn't be much of a concern. I run Genright Aluminum naked for the rears and if it starts to get a little dull, I just go over it with some steel wool. Just like new again.

Attachment 596117
The ends of the bumper are removable for sure, the fenders could be unbolted with 7 allen bolts in the rear and 10 in the fronts. It did look pretty bada$$ with the fenders totally removed. That naked bumper you have is brilliant!

Name:	2015-01-15 19.04.31.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	596233

Quick Reply: ALUMINUM FENDERS: which ones to buy?!