Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ALUMINUM FENDERS: which ones to buy?!

Old 01-09-2015, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-FREAK
Attachment 591067

Finally got my Nemesis via Rebel OffRoad. This is after I finished the test fit & got all the mounting brackets in place, that's why they're bare. Just got them back from the painter yesterday. Final install will be this week or weekend at the latest.

Hey JK, where did you get and/or who make that Lightbar mount in your grill?
Old 01-09-2015, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rsbmg
Not yet, I'm taking them down to get linex'd today so hopefully will get the mounted by Monday then I will take some photos.

Can't wait to see it...just ordered 3 kits of raptor liner to do all of mine. Raptor lined my interior and PSC lightbar mounts... Was kinda worried/interested on how it will look cause it seems like all the pics I see they are pc'd or painted or raw....think I'm gonna line mine and was thinking about leaving the edges of the fenders and rockers as the raw aluminum so it looks trimmed in silver. Put a couple coats of clear on the raw aluminum and see how it looks, if I don't like it then I'll just raptor over it
Old 01-09-2015, 04:49 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NateSamJK13
I think Strike Force Zebra still makes them. There were some issues though in the past though with them not fulfilling people's orders so they had rubbed some people the wrong way. Not sure if they are still having problems or not.....

There maybe others now who have come out with their own version of it.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy
I am very happy with the fit and finish of my Nemesis Industries Notorious Flares (Front and Rear), Titan Tub Armor/Billy Rockers and Front Shock Relocation Brackets. Owner Rob Graft was readily available via email to address all questions. A Marson 325-RN (with 1/4-20 and 5/16-18 Mandrel/Nosepieces) in addition to quality drill bits (I used Chicago Latrobe 550 Cobalts) will make for a smooth install. Preinstall of flares, armor and rockers by myself took a full weekend, while reinstall after PC took a few hours.

Those flares are gorgeous, Bud. Nice build!
Old 01-10-2015, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, so been talking with Sean from Rebel and he's getting me a pretty good deal on all Nemisis. So I think gonna finalize order first thing Monday!

Question tho, I have been looking at a lot of pics online and in some it looks like the fenders are wider than the billy rocker steps. Is this true or is it just the angles? I have noticed that the billy rocker step looks alittle more narrow that say the PSC brawler rockers.

Insight?
Old 01-10-2015, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Like here.... First pic looks like the fenders hang over the rockers but the 2nd shot looks flush.

I know, I know I'm being nit picky!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	591420   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	591421  
Old 01-10-2015, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

Like here.... First pic looks like the fenders hang over the rockers but the 2nd shot looks flush.

I know, I know I'm being nit picky!
First pic that you listed is with stock flares. My fronts are flush, while the rear overhang slightly (1/4" maybe). I'm running Notorious Front and Rear. I can not comment on Odyssey fronts.

FRONT:

REAR:
Old 01-10-2015, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Also note that the Rockers in the second pic on Dixie (Nemesis' Rescue Green mascot) are the old style with the logo cut in the middle, while the first pic illustrates the new design without the logo. Apparently, the logo would create a weak spot when directly impacted while climbing.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanx for the info. I am getting the odyssey flares for the more coverage but want to make sure they line up ok. Might be willing to go with the notorious if they look better as far as alignment
Old 01-10-2015, 08:30 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DJ1 had it right. StrikeForceZebra mount. Got it over a year ago.

If this rain lets up tomorrow, I should be able to post some final pics with the painted flares. Still need to undercoat the rear fender wells too.

Quick Reply: ALUMINUM FENDERS: which ones to buy?!