Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ALUMINUM FENDERS: which ones to buy?!

Old 01-08-2015, 11:12 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1
Our builds are going to be pretty similar then outside of the sliders. Thought about Genright sliders to match the rears but I can't justify spending $1300 for aluminum boatsides. They're good looking but that price is too damn crazy. Your rig looks clean though! I think your last pic finally crossed me over...
Thanks man. I wanted the billy rockers -- the integrated step is a plus, but I found the rocker knockers off craigslist, new & never mounted, already powdercoated, for close to half the cost. Couldn't pass that up. My jeep is TOO clean... looking forward to getting it dirty soon and EJS.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JK, how long did it take for the fenders to get in from Rebel?
Old 01-08-2015, 07:42 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NateSamJK13
JK, how long did it take for the fenders to get in from Rebel?
3 days I think? Colorado to Los Angeles doesn't take very long.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-FREAK
Attachment 591067

Finally got my Nemesis via Rebel OffRoad. This is after I finished the test fit & got all the mounting brackets in place, that's why they're bare. Just got them back from the painter yesterday. Final install will be this week or weekend at the latest.
I'm getting the shakes looking at those Nemesis flares!!!
Old 01-09-2015, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

I am very happy with the fit and finish of my Nemesis Industries Notorious Flares (Front and Rear), Titan Tub Armor/Billy Rockers and Front Shock Relocation Brackets. Owner Rob Graft was readily available via email to address all questions. A Marson 325-RN (with 1/4-20 and 5/16-18 Mandrel/Nosepieces) in addition to quality drill bits (I used Chicago Latrobe 550 Cobalts) will make for a smooth install. Preinstall of flares, armor and rockers by myself took a full weekend, while reinstall after PC took a few hours.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:09 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy

Looks good. You gonna throw the Genright carrier on there as well?

Although I'm not a fan of their front/rear bumpers, the Nemesis fenders and rocker/slider are definitely G2G.

The new style monster beadlocks The black accents really help the wheel pop. May have to get mine painted like that.

Last edited by DJ1; 01-09-2015 at 08:12 AM.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DJ1
Looks good. You gonna throw the Genright carrier on there as well?
I've already mounted the Teraflex HD Hinged Carrier (can't see in pics). Not a fan of the GR carrier, however I am seriously considering the new Poison Spyder Body Mounted Tire Carrier as I like the Rotopax mounting options. Will probably list the Teraflex Carrier for sale soon.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DJ1
I'm going with either the PSC or the Nemesis. Leaning more towards the PSC since they are less expensive and have the additional internal mounting to beef them up more but slider wise, I'll be running the Nemesis billy rockers. I currently have Genright aluminum rear bumper/carrier and PSC brawler lite up front.
The Nemesis front flares also have two internal mounting brackets per side, making them very stout. My wife and daughter are able to stand on the installed flares with no visible stress to the outer sheet metal. IIRC, nutserts provided by Nemesis are beefier than those used by PS.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NateSamJK13
Rsbmg, any updates? Or pics of the fenders? When are you planning to install?

Think I'm going to get the Billy Rockers and the Odyssey front bumper now and wait on the fenders. I'm still torn between the Nemesis and PSC. It's mainly the cost. For the extra $500 of the Nemesis, I could get some underside protection or go towards any other part of the build (LCG long arm, 37"s, Tera44 axle, lockers, gears etc)
Not yet, I'm taking them down to get linex'd today so hopefully will get the mounted by Monday then I will take some photos.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:45 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy
The Nemesis front flares also have two internal mounting brackets per side
Good to know. I wasn't aware of that!

The new PS Carrier looks pretty good. Only problem for some is that it's only available in steel. I have the Genright Aluminum rear carrier and it's no longer an issue to mount Rotopacks since Rugged Ridge came out with their x-style tube clamps. You could also have someone (maybe ask Genright themselves) TIG weld a mounting bracket directly to the tube.

Last edited by DJ1; 01-09-2015 at 01:47 PM.

Quick Reply: ALUMINUM FENDERS: which ones to buy?!