Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ALUMINUM FENDERS: which ones to buy?!

Old 01-06-2015, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Rebel Off-road gave me a pretty dang good quote on Nemesis fenders, sliders, and front bumper. Even still it's a lot and I know I could save a few hundo $ if I went PSC! Got to make a decision soon cause my buddy is expecting my front bumper in 2weeks after I rapror line it for him
Old 01-06-2015, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NateSamJK13
Rsbmg, thanx for the warning and info on the Aries! I have almost pulled the trigger several times on them but have always been hesitant. I have several trips planned this year that's why I'm changing a lot. Going with a 4" LCG lift, 37" tires, and lots of armor for body and axles.

Like you said, I have read nothing but good things on the Nemisis line and think they look the best. They are just $500 (with exos) more than the PSC fenders!

Where did you purchase yours from? You get any kind of deal?
I purchased directly from Nemisis no deal. I checked around the usual places and all seemed about the same price. The difference came in lead time. Most places do not have them they just sell them which means they need to wait for nemisis to build them then ship them so going direct was faster. If you order elsewhere I would ask if they actually have them in stock ready to go or if they drop ship etc...

The flares are beautiful. I was very impressed when I opened the box. No regrets yet, wait for the install.............
Old 01-08-2015, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Rsbmg, any updates? Or pics of the fenders? When are you planning to install?

Think I'm going to get the Billy Rockers and the Odyssey front bumper now and wait on the fenders. I'm still torn between the Nemesis and PSC. It's mainly the cost. For the extra $500 of the Nemesis, I could get some underside protection or go towards any other part of the build (LCG long arm, 37"s, Tera44 axle, lockers, gears etc)
Old 01-08-2015, 09:28 AM
JK Freak

just ordered PS from Rebel and got a pretty nice deal. Can't wait to get them on.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:36 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-448143942.jpg
Views:	2447
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	591067

Finally got my Nemesis via Rebel OffRoad. This is after I finished the test fit & got all the mounting brackets in place, that's why they're bare. Just got them back from the painter yesterday. Final install will be this week or weekend at the latest.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-FREAK
Attachment 591067

Finally got my Nemesis via Rebel OffRoad. This is after I finished the test fit & got all the mounting brackets in place, that's why they're bare. Just got them back from the painter yesterday. Final install will be this week or weekend at the latest.
ugh now I'm thinking maybe I should've gone with nemesis. They weren't even on the radar :/
Old 01-08-2015, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Jk-freak those look tough!!! How was the install? And what size lift are you running?
Old 01-08-2015, 10:26 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by etl330
ugh now I'm thinking maybe I should've gone with nemesis. They weren't even on the radar :/
That's another reason for getting the Nemesis.....cause not everyone will have them. Kind of like the Genright stuff. Sets your rig apart from the others with all the Smittybuilt, etc. It's good to look different and have the quality to go with it

Glad I'm going with the Billy Rockers but those fenders......damn tempting!!
Old 01-08-2015, 10:53 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's one reason I got them, because you don't see them that often. Plus I really liked the clean lines and design. Originally I wanted PSC, but I feel like every 3rd person I see has them. They're great fenders, just wanted to try something different. Plus I already run so much PSC stuff (brawler lite bumper, rocker knockers, body armor, hood louver, 50" bracket, trail cage) I didn't want a full PSC build look with my jeep. Genright were on my radar as well. I have GR tire carrier and rear bumper.

The install isn't bad. I was able to do it alone, but I took my sweet time. You could install all 4 in about 5-6 hours if it's your first time. There's 2 brackets per side for the fronts that you can choose to paint, so to save time, do that before the install so you don't end up waiting for them to dry to finish. The rears require nutserts... I hate installing those things. Nemesis doesn't include any tool for it (PSC does with their body armor -- just a bolt, washers, and a six-sided spacer). Get a nutsert tool if you can to make things easier. Instructions also call for a 17/32 drill bit which no store ever carries, so I recommend just taking the 1/2" and wallow out the hole evenly with the drill at an angle to open it up slightly until the nutsert fits. Get a ball end hex wrench as well. Suffered finger cramps trying to mount all those bolts haha.

The "Turtlecon" is running a 4" TeraFlex lift with 3.5" metalcloak dual rate springs. I color matched the fenders Commando Green... can't wait to get them on!

Last edited by TURTLECON; 01-08-2015 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:06 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-FREAK
That's one reason I got them, because you don't see them that often. Plus I really liked the clean lines and design. Originally I wanted PSC, but I feel like every 3rd person I see has them. They're great fenders, just wanted to try something different. Plus I already run so much PSC stuff (brawler lite bumper, rocker knockers, body armor, hood louver, 50" bracket, trail cage) I didn't want a full PSC build look with my jeep. Genright were on my radar as well. I have GR tire carrier and rear bumper.
Our builds are going to be pretty similar then outside of the sliders. Thought about Genright sliders to match the rears but I can't justify spending $1300 for aluminum boatsides. They're good looking but that price is too damn crazy.

Your rig looks clean though! I think your last pic finally crossed me over...

Quick Reply: ALUMINUM FENDERS: which ones to buy?!