Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ALUMINUM FENDERS: which ones to buy?!

Old 01-05-2015, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALUMINUM FENDERS: which ones to buy?!

Hey, looking to change direction with my build. Wanting to go with metal fenders and a stubby bumper and new sliders. I like the thought of aluminum to save weight which helps the mpg's out when I'm just driving around but don't want to sacrifice strength either. I know kinda hard to do that. But I have been researching a lot of fenders, based on feedback, reviews, and looks. I think I narrowed it down to 2 choices but not 100% set. I have a 2013 JKU with 2.5" Teraflex spring/shock boost and 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers. Plan on the Teraflex 4" Elite LCG kit and 37" tires later this year.

What do you all think?.....

Top choices:
- Nemesis Odyssey Front Fenders with Notorious rears (aluminum)
OR
- Poison Spyder crusher flares standard width front & rear (aluminum)

There is also
- Aries aluminum fenders
- Genrights
Old 01-05-2015, 05:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Metal cloak has an aluminum version of the overlands out. Should have all the internal bracing, etc. I'd look at those too.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I really like what I'm reading about the strength of the Nemesis fenders but they are $599 +$100 for inner bracing "exos". But I think they are best looking. The poison spyders are cool, price is not bad ($565-10% at NR4x4), and inner bracing included. But are the PS as strong as the Nemesis? Not digging the look of the Metal Cloak as much but I might look alittle closer at them
Old 01-05-2015, 07:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by NateSamJK13
What do you all think?.....
I think you should pick what you like best and build your jeep the way you want to

(But I like the PS)
Old 01-06-2015, 05:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Every time I see those Nemesis flares I start getting the shakes. Pricey but good. The other three (SC, GR, Aries) are a toss up from a styling point of view, but giving a nod to GR, their stuff is gorgeous. The Aries product has an attractive price but I wouldn't spring for them until I saw a set up close. Photos of them I've seen suggest there are some fit issues.

Nemesis...so slick....
Old 01-06-2015, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I can offer some insight here. First Metalcloak. I had metalcloak everything on my 06 LJ. The fenders were steel not aluminum but speaking from design and fit, they were top notch and extremely solid. I have not seen their aluminum overland fenders in person but have no reason to believe they would be anything but quality.

So about a month ago I ripped a stock fender off my JK and of course that meant it was time for new fenders. I researched them to death. I was intrigued by Aries aluminum fenders they LOOKED like genrights and were cheap as hell. So I bit. Let me tell you that I was in shock when I opened the box. These things are made out of the lightest thinnest gauge aluminum you can find. I mean if you got within a foot of a rock these things would crumble into a piece of tinfoil. I promptly boxed them up and sent them back for a full refund. Please do not buy those.

So, since I went full retard on the cheap end of the scale, I decided to go full retard on the expensive end of the scale. I am now expecting my Notorious flares from Nemisis with the skeletos upgrade today!

Yes they are expensive but I have never heard a bad word about them and they are different than the run of the mill tube flare that everybody has. So as with all things jeep, it comes down to money. Spend what you can bare to part with.

Rugged Ridge, poisons spyder genrights metalcloak, nemisis, you will likely be happy with any of those. I should find out today if I am happy with the 730 bucks I spent on a pare of front fenders today...............
Old 01-06-2015, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sok66, good advice....and I agree the nemesis are the best looking!
Old 01-06-2015, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Rsbmg, thanx for the warning and info on the Aries! I have almost pulled the trigger several times on them but have always been hesitant. I have several trips planned this year that's why I'm changing a lot. Going with a 4" LCG lift, 37" tires, and lots of armor for body and axles.

Like you said, I have read nothing but good things on the Nemisis line and think they look the best. They are just $500 (with exos) more than the PSC fenders!

Where did you purchase yours from? You get any kind of deal?
Old 01-06-2015, 08:25 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going with either the PSC or the Nemesis. Leaning more towards the PSC since they are less expensive and have the additional internal mounting to beef them up more but slider wise, I'll be running the Nemesis billy rockers. I currently have Genright aluminum rear bumper/carrier and PSC brawler lite up front.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

It's a toss up for me between PSC and Nemesis but I'm really liking the Nemesis. I have PSC front bumper and RockerKnockers, waiting for rear bumper and body mount spare tire carrier.

Quick Reply: ALUMINUM FENDERS: which ones to buy?!