Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aluminum bumper?

Old 02-13-2013, 07:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if its weight ur worried about, just run the evo d-ring set up.

EVO: Gussets/Brackets, EVO Mfg Rear Bolt On "D" Ring Mounts

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...c-post-261919/
Old 02-13-2013, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I run GenRights bumpers. I have the aluminum front and steel rear. Quality is very good. Ive been to their shop many times. The D rings on their aluminum bumpers are steel and not aluminum. They attach through the aluminum bumpers straight to the frame. Very stout. If you notice on their website, the D ring receptacles are sold separately from the bumpers. This is because they are made of steel.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thank you!

I appreciate evryone's input. I do not care for the look of the GenRight bumpers. As far a electrolysis, a thin layer of neoprene to act as a dialectric should prevent that issue. I really like the tire carrier as well so I think you guys have helped me make the decision.....I'l let you know my review once I get them.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hodgeman
I appreciate evryone's input. I do not care for the look of the GenRight bumpers. As far a electrolysis, a thin layer of neoprene to act as a dialectric should prevent that issue. I really like the tire carrier as well so I think you guys have helped me make the decision.....I'l let you know my review once I get them.
LOL hope we helped somewhat haha. Be sure to post pics after you decide!! Planning on getting the rear bumper pods but still curious how they look from all the angles. I'd say if you need help testing them i'd love to go wheeling and get stuck for you buy thats a tad of a long drive hahaha

Quick Reply: Aluminum bumper?