Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Alternative SPOD Switch locations

Old 02-01-2015, 09:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Excellent point. I re-wired my sPOD panel light control to disable the switches unless that pushbutton is also depressed. Didn't need a passenger reaching up to the front locker switch and pushing it while asking, "Is this for locking the front doors?" while tooling down the Interstate.
This is exactly why I wanted them away from the passenger. I rarely have one but when the female companion comes along she can't help but touch everything: radio, seat adjuster, window, cell phone and buttons. (Her ADHD is mind blowing) The last thing I wanted was to be going 55 and hear "Hey hun, what're these Red buttons?!"
Old 02-01-2015, 09:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JK505
I would like to do both of those actually, Mark. I'll be holding off until the axle swap is complete though. I also need to research how to connect them to the dash lights, I would really like them to be illuminated without being "on", if anybody knows where to look, I'm sure you do! Lol
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...lights-311176/
Old 02-01-2015, 10:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Nicely done...
I have been debating on what to do here also..
I might build my own setup with a blue sea system... But I do like the SPOD setup alot.. and the mini switch panel keeps me thinking on which route to go,,, that and the price tag... but like they say you get what you pay for.
I am looking at using something like the Synergy Air Compressor bracket to mount what ever distribution system I go with.

Could you get the dimensions of the power distribution system for me?

I have other items installed in the area that most people place the SPOD at, so I am looking at other areas.

thanks
Old 02-01-2015, 10:20 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by JK505

I would like to do both of those actually, Mark. I'll be holding off until the axle swap is complete though. I also need to research how to connect them to the dash lights, I would really like them to be illuminated without being "on", if anybody knows where to look, I'm sure you do! Lol
There is a pretty comprehensive thread that 14Sport had been shepherding that has the various options for different years and Jeep configurations well-covered. I don't remember the thread title, but PM him if he doesn't chime in here.

Edit: Doh, he chimed in. LOL.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
There is a pretty comprehensive thread that 14Sport had been shepherding that has the various options for different years and Jeep configurations well-covered. I don't remember the thread title, but PM him if he doesn't chime in here.

Edit: Doh, he chimed in. LOL.
Thanks, Mark. One of my few threads so I keep it bookmarked.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-jeepit
Nicely done... I have been debating on what to do here also.. I might build my own setup with a blue sea system... But I do like the SPOD setup alot.. and the mini switch panel keeps me thinking on which route to go,,, that and the price tag... but like they say you get what you pay for. I am looking at using something like the Synergy Air Compressor bracket to mount what ever distribution system I go with. Could you get the dimensions of the power distribution system for me? I have other items installed in the area that most people place the SPOD at, so I am looking at other areas. thanks
Spod source box dimensions are roughly:

7.75" long
5.5" wide
2.25" tall
Old 02-02-2015, 10:51 AM
JK Super Freak

^^^^^. Thanks that helps
Old 02-02-2015, 10:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-jeepit