Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Alternative SPOD Switch locations

Old 01-05-2015, 09:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or maybe here:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2189873296.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	590707  
Old 01-05-2015, 10:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well the width of mine is 10". The gauge is 2-1/16" plus I have a pushbutton on mine for the lower LEDs. Each switch bank on each side of the gauge is 3" switch end to switch end. From the outermost switch to the edge is almost an inch on each side. That is where the pushbutton is mounted on the driver side. So looking at the pictures on their site, I would say it is between 7 and 7.5 inches, leaning more toward 7.25".

The switches themselves fit within the 2" depth including the wiring, so you could probably cut the whole thing down to 2".
Old 01-05-2015, 10:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Well the width of mine is 10". The gauge is 2-1/16" plus I have a pushbutton on mine for the lower LEDs. Each switch bank on each side of the gauge is 3" switch end to switch end. From the outermost switch to the edge is almost an inch on each side. That is where the pushbutton is mounted on the driver side. So looking at the pictures on their site, I would say it is between 7 and 7.5 inches, leaning more toward 7.25". The switches themselves fit within the 2" depth including the wiring, so you could probably cut the whole thing down to 2".
Are you referring to the panel with the switches touching or with space between them? I ordered the one with the switches touching in the link above.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The ones that are almost touching. Mine are almost touching because of the gauge. Since it is 3" for 3 switches, figure an inch per switch with the little tiny space in between. Add .5" per side (guessing from the picture because mine are .75") from the edge of the bezel to the first switch, and you're at 7" (or 7.5" if the edges are .75"). Add a touch more to go between the two switch banks when brought together and there you have my guess.

Here's what mine looks like. I believe the one without the gauge is the same size and hence the switches are spaced out more.

JK 6 Switch sPOD w\2-1/16" Dia. Gauge hole
Old 01-05-2015, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

There was a guy that did the Spod switch install on the side of the overhead console. The link is from a different forum. Not sure how the site here will like it, but here it is.

Write Up: sPOD switches installed inside Tuffy overhead console - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Old 01-05-2015, 11:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hafaday
There was a guy that did the Spod switch install on the side of the overhead console. The link is from a different forum. Not sure how the site here will like it, but here it is. Write Up: sPOD switches installed inside Tuffy overhead console - Jeep Wrangler Forum
I pull that all the time. If they don't want free flow of information, I'll leave. That's how I view it at least.

I've actually seen this but I'm not taking that overhead console out. It's a royal PITA. I'm not going to rule it out but I'm hopeful there's another option
Old 01-05-2015, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK505
I pull that all the time. If they don't want free flow of information, I'll leave. That's how I view it at least.
Same here.

Originally Posted by JK505
I've actually seen this but I'm not taking that overhead console out. It's a royal PITA. I'm not going to rule it out but I'm hopeful there's another option
Totally understand.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen a right up of installing the spod switches with a smittybilt overhead console, that might give you some ideas but Im not taking the time to search it out.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GonZo626
I have seen a right up of installing the spod switches with a smittybilt overhead console, that might give you some ideas but Im not taking the time to search it out.
Ha, I respect your honesty.
Thanks, I'll look into it
Old 01-06-2015, 10:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Well, Morris called today! Their warehouse in CA doesn't have it in stock. It may seem like a little and silly thing, but I hate when I order something in stock, only to find out that it isn't in stock. Which is the original reason I stopped using them to begin with. Needless to say, I canceled my order and found SPOD has this!

Universal with Modular 6 Switch Panel

Going to order this today. Seems to be the perfect resolution for someone like me

Quick Reply: Alternative SPOD Switch locations