Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

All over the road!

Old 06-22-2014, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a week or two I got used to the ride. Like I said, its been like that for several months so its not just because the sway bars are disconnected.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:00 AM
JK Newbie

Did some more checking last night. Steering Stabilizer is bent. About jack it up and check everything else with SS disconnected.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

Looks like draglink and tie rods ends are wore. Getting some up and down movement when applying pressure with a pair of channel locks.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would recommend switching out to synergy joints there a little pricey but worth it

sent from the bottom of a water hold and didnt lock the motor
Old 06-23-2014, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

From what I've read the passenger side tre can't be changed... Is that true? I think my tie rod is bent anyways! The bolt almost wouldn't come out of my SS. I ordered the SS and relocation bracket and tie rod clamp. When the funds allow (1-2 weeks) or I sell my stock tires, I'm going to buy a Synergy tie rod. What about the drag link? Can both ends be changed? I think the rock krawler drag link is only like $140. I may go that route.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cerof
........while looking at the bj to see of there is any movement up and down..........
ba-ha
Old 06-23-2014, 10:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon2013JK
Ok done some research and I know I probably need some adjustable lower control arms. Im just curious why I've had my lift on for about a year and 20,000 miles and its just now doing it! Just got a front end alignment yesterday. Thought that was the problem, but still doing it. I can order the arms tomorrow, just don't want to spend 300 on arms and still have this problem! Thoughts?
If you did not correct the castor with adjustable LCAs or geometry brackets when the lift went in, then the Jeep has had a tendency to wander ever since the lift went in.

If wear is showing up in the steering assembly, then the tendency to wander will be much more noticeable.

Replace any worn linkage parts and correct the castor. You should be good to go.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:39 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Brandon2013JK
From what I've read the passenger side tre can't be changed... Is that true? I think my tie rod is bent anyways! The bolt almost wouldn't come out of my SS. I ordered the SS and relocation bracket and tie rod clamp. When the funds allow (1-2 weeks) or I sell my stock tires, I'm going to buy a Synergy tie rod. What about the drag link? Can both ends be changed? I think the rock krawler drag link is only like $140. I may go that route.
I would get rid of the stock drag link and tie rod. They both bend very easy and the joints fail frequently. I would recommend either Rock Krawler or Synergy tie rod and drag link. Both of which are very strong.

The RK Drag link at that $140 price is for just the drag link. You will still need to get joints for those.

PM us for quotes.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:51 AM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The TF BB has a shitty bracket that lowers the rear track bar on the frame. Make sure it's not broken or loose and letting the rear axle move side to side.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

DO NOT use the rear teraflex frameside relocation bracket unless you have > 2" extended bump stops. It will hit and ruin your shock which is what happened to me.

Quick Reply: All over the road!