Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

all indictor lights came on and gauges stopped working ?????

Old 03-07-2013, 04:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default all indictor lights came on and gauges stopped working ?????

I have a 2011 JKU rubicon 4.5 aev lift 35 inch tires 4.56 gears... my problem is today while driving down the highway all my indicator lights would flash and chime, and then stayed on, i mean esc light air bag light battery all of them, as well as oil pressure gauge, speedo and tach stopped working. one by one they seemed to go off and gauges started working by the time i got home... Any thoughts??? i leaning towards a wheel sensor or abs maybe?? but just wondering if this has happen to anyone or someone could point me in the right direction before i start to go fishing
Old 03-07-2013, 05:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rj16162
I have a 2011 JKU rubicon 4.5 aev lift 35 inch tires 4.56 gears... my problem is today while driving down the highway all my indicator lights would flash and chime, and then stayed on, i mean esc light air bag light battery all of them, as well as oil pressure gauge, speedo and tach stopped working. one by one they seemed to go off and gauges started working by the time i got home... Any thoughts??? i leaning towards a wheel sensor or abs maybe?? but just wondering if this has happen to anyone or someone could point me in the right direction before i start to go fishing
Sounds like a power failure. Check your battery connections.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:22 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm guessing your tipm it's toast
Old 03-07-2013, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check all the grounds. Clean your battery terminals and make sure they are tight.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:45 AM
JK Newbie

This happened to me when my alternator failed. Exact same thing happened. Systems start dying as the battery voltage drops. Eventually the motor will stop running. Glad you made it home. I bet if you get the battery and or alternator checked, one of them is toast.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:56 AM
JK Newbie

I've had similar symptoms since October. Done a lot of reading about it on forums. Sounds like top 2 causes are loose battery connections or failed clock spring in the steering wheel.

Just had mine in the shop for it yesterday but they couldn't relocate it and it wasn't throwing any codes. I guess I'm going to have to start filming it for them.

Quick Reply: all indictor lights came on and gauges stopped working ?????