Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Alignment specs in red after bb lift

Old 07-21-2014, 08:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment specs in red after bb lift

Put the rc bb 2.5/2 lift on my 08 jku. It has been on for about three months but now I had an alignment check and the camber and caster is out. How to I need to go about fixing this, mainly the camber though as I just put in new balljoints
Old 07-21-2014, 09:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Camber is not adjustable on your Wrangler.

Caster is adjustable by using adjustable control arms
Old 07-21-2014, 09:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Technically, you can adjust camber with offset ball joints. That said, your camber is likely fine. Camber being slightly out is common on the JKs. There are plenty that come from the factory that way. If it is way out due to the C being bent, that's a different story. Ask for the specs and post them up.

Caster can be easily fixed with correction brackets or adjustable control arms (upper or lower). Again, it would help to see where you're at now. Being out of spec doesn't mean it has to be fixed. If the Jeep drives fine (doesn't wander on the highway and going over bumps is comfortable) then leave it be. You're probably in the range of 3.5 degrees.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:06 AM
JK Newbie

Sorry I meant to post those specs earlier but guess I spaced it. LEFT. RIGHT -0.9* CAMBER -1.1* 2.6* CASTER 2.5* Specified ranges are, CAMBER -0.6 to 0.1, CASTER 3.7 to 4.7 Toe was out about .06* but it is now good.

This is a 08 jku with Dana 30 also
Old 07-21-2014, 10:10 AM
JK Newbie

Don't know what happened there. Left camber -0.9* and right is -1.1*. Left caster is 2.6* and right is 2.5*. The jeep doesn't wander or really ride bad but the inside of the tires are chopping pretty bad with only 3-4k miles on them
Old 07-21-2014, 10:32 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Wow, your caster is really low for a 2.5" spacer. I am very surprised that you are not complaining about flighty steering.

The camber is in the ballpark for what other people reporting. You can consider gussets 'just in case', but not bad enough to really worry about offset balljoints.

What was the before/after Toe spec?
Old 07-21-2014, 10:48 AM
JK Junkie

Camber is fine. Agree that adding some gussets isn't a bad idea. Even potholes can bend the weak Cs on the JK axles.

The caster is too low. Makes for a harsh ride and my view is that it can cause premature wear on other parts. If you don't want to spend much, just pick up some geo brackets for $100. Then you don't need to go back to the alignment shop either.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:56 AM
JK Newbie

Toe was .18 and .23 now it is corrected. So you think camber will be fine?
Old 07-21-2014, 11:08 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Chattinfarms
Toe was .18 and .23 now it is corrected. So you think camber will be fine?
No worse than mine. Your tire wear issue was more likely due to the toe being so far out. You are far from the camber causing issues. If the difference between the two was huge, then you might want to fix it. Again, those camber numbers look normal.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:54 PM
JK Newbie

With my caster numbers do I need upper or lower adjustable control arms?

Quick Reply: Alignment specs in red after bb lift