Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Alignment spec sheet questions

Old 07-13-2014, 12:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Alignment spec sheet questions

Heres the sheet from firestone. If you cant read i will put the numbers here in the forum for you guys. Any input would be great guys.

Current Front:

-Camber-
Left Right
-0.6 -0.6

-Caster-
Left Right
4.0 3.9

-Toe-
Left Right
.10 .10

Current Rear:

-Camber-
Left Right
-0.4 -0.3

-Toe-
Left Right
0.27 -0.02

-Total Toe-

-Thrust Angle-

Old 07-13-2014, 12:52 PM
JK Junkie

a little more caster wouldnt be bad but everything else seems to be okay. Any uneven tire wear or handling issues you are concerned with?
Old 07-13-2014, 01:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by D_engel
a little more caster wouldnt be bad but everything else seems to be okay. Any uneven tire wear or handling issues you are concerned with?
No just want to make sure i don't need to make any adjustments. I have the RK 2.5 X factor so i have all 8 adjustable control arms. The caster i would fix by adjusting the uppers correct?
Old 07-13-2014, 01:30 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Yes, shortening the uppers would lower the pinion and raise the caster. And lengthening the lowers would do the same thing. But, assuming the axle is centered front/back in the wheel well, shorten the uppers.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Yes, shortening the uppers would lower the pinion and raise the caster. And lengthening the lowers would do the same thing. But, assuming the axle is centered front/back in the wheel well, shorten the uppers.
Would it be safe to take off the upper when the vehicle is sitting on its own weight? I know about getting them back on with using a jack to help with aligning them back together.

Quick Reply: Alignment spec sheet questions