Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Alignment question

Old 05-14-2013, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment question

Hey all!

Quick question, are the alignment specs the same for a 2012 wrangler as 07-10? The guy I take it to only had the computer for the 07-10 and said he thinks it'll work but to find out.

Also will wheel spacers and lift affect the numbers at all?

Thanks
Jason
Old 05-14-2013, 07:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wheel spacers will not affect alignment numbers.

suspension lift will affect castor
Old 05-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Former Vendor

The alignment specs are the same you will be fine.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlagross
Hey all!

Quick question, are the alignment specs the same for a 2012 wrangler as 07-10? The guy I take it to only had the computer for the 07-10 and said he thinks it'll work but to find out.

Also will wheel spacers and lift affect the numbers at all?

Thanks
Jason
Remember that on a stock JK, the only thing the alignment shop can adjust is the toe-in. You can check the toe yourself in 2 minutes with a tape measure, and you can adjust it with the same tape measure and a couple wrenches in 15 minutes. There are lots of threads and write-ups on steering alignment here on the forum.

An alignment shop with a decent rack can be very useful if you think something has been bent, or if you add adjustable components (control arms, ball joints). Otherwise, get acquainted with your Jeep's steering and save yourself some money.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks all! I do have adjustable lca and trackbars so I did want everything groovy. Just more curious as to if the specs for the older jks were the same as the 2012s. Thanks again !

Quick Reply: Alignment question