Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Alignment in Oklahoma City

Old 12-27-2013, 12:24 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

If you want to bring it by my house I will help you work on this--I live in Windsong just off 15th between Post and Westminster--PM me for a phone number if interested. But, if you have the stock front lower control arms, that is most likely what is causing the flighty steering. As for torquing: You wrote this was torqued on a lift. Torquing needs to be re-done, but you'll get way better steering feel once you've got proper caster set. We'll also check the toe-in, but that should not have changed with just a lift. And it doesn't have a big effect on steering feel anyway.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
If you want to bring it by my house I will help you work on this--I live in Windsong just off 15th between Post and Westminster--PM me for a phone number if interested. But, if you have the stock front lower control arms, that is most likely what is causing the flighty steering. As for torquing: You wrote this was torqued on a lift. Torquing needs to be re-done, but you'll get way better steering feel once you've got proper caster set. We'll also check the toe-in, but that should not have changed with just a lift. And it doesn't have a big effect on steering feel anyway.

The stage 3 lift shows front lower fixed CA's. His caster should be ok
Old 12-27-2013, 01:42 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
The stage 3 lift shows front lower fixed CA's. His caster should be ok
Thanks. If he wants, I'll help him and see what we can figure out.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:48 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

BTW: How does everyone know what's part of this kit? Mopar doesn't even list a 3.5" lift. I can find a few references to it in other places in web forums, but I'd feel more comfortable reading it from the horse's mouth, if you know what I mean.

Mopar Lift kits | Mopar
Old 12-27-2013, 03:36 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Yes the kit uses the stock lower control arms. This MOPAR web sight does not show the kit and needs to be updated. I have the kit numbers on the invoice somewhere and can find.
Windsong addition I am kinda familiar with. At least the first left into the addition. My grandmother lives in there.
I would love to have you look at it and see what you think or even drive it. Hell I may be just whining .lol
I have a shop off of Douglas if you would rather meet there. It has lift, air, tools,heat,etc.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:40 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Bigvtwin
... I have a shop off of Douglas if you would rather meet there. It has lift, air, tools,heat,etc.
Sending PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:06 AM
JK Junkie

Default Alignment in Oklahoma City

I just googled Mopar stage 3 and saw arms. I know a few people on WF with the stage 3 kits, the link I saw last night showed lowers but uppers can adjust for caster too. The stage 3 is a decent setup and I know caster is taking care of.
How about you take a look. I've seen Mopar stickers on control arms.

Another way some lifts address caster (I doubt this is the case with you) is camber bolts. The lower Ca mount hole at the axle is elongated. A off set bolt or nut plate is used to shift the axle out which rotates the pinion down for caster,
Edit: and I might be wrong ... The link you posted. In the instructions shows cam bolts (pic)

Last edited by kjeeper10; 12-27-2013 at 05:15 AM.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:18 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
I just googled Mopar stage 3 and saw arms. I know a few people on WF with the stage 3 kits, the link I saw last night showed lowers but uppers can adjust for caster too. The stage 3 is a decent setup and I know caster is taking care of.
How about you take a look. I've seen Mopar stickers on control arms.

Another way some lifts address caster (I doubt this is the case with you) is camber bolts. The lower Ca mount hole at the axle is elongated. A off set bolt or nut plate is used to shift the axle out which rotates the pinion down for caster,
Edit: and I might be wrong ... The link you posted. In the instructions shows cam bolts (pic)
Yeah, it is confusing. We are arranging to meet and we will see what he actually has.

Quick Reply: Alignment in Oklahoma City