Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Alignment Help, Did I bend my axle?

Old 01-03-2011, 10:06 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by hansen65
Anyone out there running a ProRock 44? How is it holding up? Are they really that much stronger then a sleeved stock 44? I am only running 35s but was thinking one day of upgrading to 37s. Will the ProRock 44 handle 37s or will I be back where I started?
Some bullet points from their literature:
• Over 2 ˝ times as strong as a factory Jeep housing!! Over twice as strong as most sleeved and welded housings.
• Suspension Brackets are 50% thicker and much stronger than stock
• Equipped with Dynatrac’s own heavy-duty end forgings (aka C’s) - Some areas are over 180% thicker than stock- No gussets needed
See the post by Dynatrac in this d60 thread:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...stock-knuckles

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...light=dynatrac
Old 01-03-2011, 10:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like Eddie said, go with the Prorock 44. Last summer had the Unlimited
Extreme Duty installed. It's my understanding that the extreme duty is
only a hundred dollars more, but stronger. The unlimited is for lifted
JK's 3" or more. I also had their Prosteer ball joints installed at the same
time. All Rubicon parts are used in the housing. Had ORE install.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:35 AM
JK Freak

Wow thanks for the info everyone. Looks like I need a prorock 44.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:42 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Please call me if you need more info. PM sent.

The Unlimited version, as stated earlier, has caster correction and the shock mounts moved outboard. They are moved outboard to keep the shocks clear of the frame under full articulation. This Unlimited design is suited for 2.5"-6" lifts.

When we set up our introductory sale for the Unlimited version, we decided to make all introductory housings with our optional 'extreme duty' 1/2" wall axle tube. We've had this option on ProRock 44s from the beginning but it was rarely used. Now, after the Unlimited introduction, the 1/2" axle tubes have become very common and nearly all of our customers have been purchasing this very lost cost option.

As you will see if you follow some of the earlier posts, the PR44 housing with 1/2" tubes is 60 lbs heavier and nearly 3x stronger than a standard Rubi front housing. We have designed custom heavy duty end forgings (the 'C's) that are exclusive to Dynatrac. They are nearly as beefy as our Dana 60 end forgings.

The ProRock 44 housing is becoming a standard ingredient in the JK build-up recipe. Users have found that adding all the 'band-aids' to their factory housing isn't usually the right option. Paying more up front for the PR44 eliminates the problems common on well used JK front axle assemblies, corrects the caster issue of lifted rigs, provides a heavy duty cast iron diff cover and offers a much sleeker center section with added ground clearance. Plus, it looks pretty damn cool.

No doubt, a PR44 is more expensive than using a std Rubi 44 housing. However, if you start with a ProRock BEFORE you do any gear, locker or band-aid work, you'll find that the end dollars spent on each type assembly will be much closer than you'd expect.

Users of JK-Forum.com have been instrumental in helping the ProRock 44 evolve. We appreciate and thank you for your support.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a ProRock44. It is beefier, for sure. I am in Sales at a Jeep dealer, and brought it ot our service shop. They installed it for me at the same time as going to 5:13's. Only wheeled once since it was installed. No problems yet.

Pricy solution, yes... but worth it, as I feel I can wheel with confidence.

The guy who took my order seemed shocked I was buying the PR44 before having any problems, but my Rubicon had about 60,000 miles when I got this done. (Just bought it)

I approached my rig as a total project, set a budget, and did everything at once. I only drove the Jeep stock twice... then it sat until all parts and work was done. I have wheeled once and put on about 1,000 miles on it now.

I'll be going on a "rock" trail on January 16th for a true test of the rig.

So far, no regrets.

Only wish... that it would alighn better. Steering is a little "darty". Tried fact specs, then the 1/8" toe in, manual measure. Still a little darty over bumps. I run 35's

Last edited by JeepBobWinnipeg; 01-04-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Alignment Help, Did I bend my axle?