Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

alignment?

Old 01-02-2007, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default alignment?

am I going to have to do an alignment after the 35's go on?
Old 01-02-2007, 03:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Wrangler should not have any alignment issues with new tires or small lift. However w/ Black Diamond's 3" lift they say "The stock JK has no provisions for front caster angle realignment, which is required at this lift height, so Black Diamond provides new alignment cams." I haven't seen any other lift manufacturer address this issue.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

great, thanks for the info. I'm going with a small lift
Old 01-03-2007, 05:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you might be alright without adjusting the castor. and cam bolts suck. other people offer adj. control arms, which are muuuuuch better. due to the length of the front driveshaft, you have to get really big before you start seeing vibrations.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:53 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

As mentioned, the JK will not need a Toe-In alignment but depending on how tall you go, a caster adjustment may be needed to prevent wandering. Adjustable upper control arms is the best option for this.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
As mentioned, the JK will not need a Toe-In alignment but depending on how tall you go, a caster adjustment may be needed to prevent wandering. Adjustable upper control arms is the best option for this.
Thanks, i was waiting for you to chime in. I'm doing 2.5 lift and 35's so I will give a try w/o and see how it goes.

Quick Reply: alignment?