Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

align shocks and coil springs

Old 08-07-2011, 02:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default align shocks and coil springs

Hi,

I have Wrangler JK with diesel engine, 2009. A year ago I bought a steel bumper. This month I decide to exchange my front coil springs because they were too weak and besides the car front was more then 2 inches lower than back. I am going also to exchange rear coul springs for the same +2".

1.May I apply Bilstein HD 0" front and rear shocks ?
2.Are there any other parts which must be also changed to fit 2" lift or for the time being I can leave all other serial parts ?

Darek
Old 08-07-2011, 03:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with OME 2" spring and shock set with JKS front and rear trackbars, adjustable front and rear swaybar links.

Highly recommend the setup. Ride is good and weight is supported evenly on all 4 corners. Should be perfect for your diesel. Gave me the height as advertised (after settling).

Only thing I might add is adjustable lower front control arms, just to get the suspension tracking perfectly.

Good luck !

Last edited by lopezv123; 08-07-2011 at 03:21 AM.

Quick Reply: align shocks and coil springs