Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Airraid CAI

Old 12-20-2007, 10:57 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I pulled mine and just wiggled back and forth on the sensor , it came out in about 10 seconds, I think JK owners are just impatient!
Old 12-20-2007, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone had any problems with the Airraid taking on water. I heard that can be a serious problem? Anything to it.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:23 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any intake that takes in water can be a serious problem, I have one(airaid) and the splash guard around it seems to do fine for mediocre muddin and trails, I wouldn't attempt any drives into the lake or river crossings , need a snorkel for that!
Old 12-20-2007, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
I pulled mine and just wiggled back and forth on the sensor , it came out in about 10 seconds, I think JK owners are just impatient!
I'm not impatient - I just want everything NOW!

Instant gratification isn't quick enough.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I gave my sensor a shot of CRC on the outside of the housing and let it soak in for a few minutes. Then removed the wiring plug and just worked it out. I could see how easy it is to destroy it if you just attack it head on. Thanks to the previous posts I took the calculated approach!
Old 12-25-2007, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Installed mine today along with the throttle spacer.

No problems on the install, but my MIL is now on.

Anybody have the same problem? Does it reset or something after driving it awhile??????
Old 12-26-2007, 11:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zonk 1/75
my MIL is now on.

Anybody have the same problem? Does it reset or something after driving it awhile??????
After driving it 5 or 10 miles the MIL light went off.

I LOVE the end result. The spacer whistle sounds great. The intake sounds like it might suck small animals and children into the engine from the side of the road!

Last edited by Zonk 1/75; 12-26-2007 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a heads up for those of you with the AIRAID or similar product.

To remove the sensor, do four things:
1. disconnect the battery and unplug wire harness connected to the sensor
2. apply a small amount of lubricant to the inner lip of the sensor grommet (dip a toothpick in some lube and use it to apply) DONT SATURATE IT OR SPRAY IT!
3. depending on the weather, apply a hair dryer to the grommet area for about one minute. It will make the grommet more supple and pliable for removal. (your underhood temps can get blistering hot so don't think that the blow-dryer will damage the exterior of the sensor)
4. Put on a glove (like a golf glove) to ensure a righteous grip, and pull straight out.

I installed the AIRAID on my '07 and a K/N on my friend's '08 and followed these steps with success.
DONT TWIST AND PRY!

....one other thing!

Get a PRE-Filter if you leave the pavement!
I personally ruined a filter by going through some mud holes. The water/dirt wouldn't clean up at all, and it was toast!
So to remedy this I bought a "Outerwears" brand pre-filter. It simply slips over my AIRAID filter and captures mud and gunk. After use it comes off and cleans up easily and my AIRAID is still nice!
They are cheap and easy to find on most Jeep Accessories Websites.
They are also beneficial for any dusty conditions.

Hope that helps!
Old 12-26-2007, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I also installed the airraid with throttle body spacer and whats weird is my miles per gallon went down!!! So after driving roughly 2,000 miles with the CAI and spacer on I decided to take the spacer off and it seemed to run much better. Yes, everything was installed correctly and clamps tightened. I currently now get from 16-17mpg on a stock 4 door Rubicon. I now have a throttle body spacer for sale if anyone is interested.

Quick Reply: Airraid CAI