Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aires Bumper

Old 06-15-2013, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aires Bumper

Hey everyone, I've been looking at the aires front bumper for my JK. I really like the fierce look of it. But I don't really like the price because I am a college student and you know how that goes financially lol. Any suggestions on similar bumpers?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1015746415.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	468385   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4159620227.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	468388  
Old 06-15-2013, 08:56 PM
JK Junkie

E auto grilles on Ebay, they've got quite a few that should fit your budget.

If not- buy something basic, take it to a welding shop, and have them add the bars.

Sent from my DROID4
Old 06-16-2013, 04:01 AM
JK Newbie

I bought this bumper through amazon. I have amazon prime so free 2 day shipping. Some warnings, I was missing some hardware and had some fitting issues putting this bumper together, but only one of the outer bars, it bolted perfectly to the jeep. My biggest complaint is the powder coating. It is awful. It is chipping and flaking off in a lot of spots and a few places are developing rust. I contacted aries directly about this and they are willing to send me out a new bumper but I just don't want to deal with the hassle of building up the new one and replacing and then taking the other one to be shipped back. I plan on sand blasting it and then line-x. Their are no recovery points that come with it but after market tow hooks from a TJ bolts to the top. It will fit a winch but you need a fairlead mounting plate and you have to drill the rear two holes yourself. I bought this for 80% looks and 20% function. While I believe it is a rock solid set up for my type of wheeling, but other bumpers may serve better for the hard core. Overall I really like the bumper minus the powder coat issue, mainly because I like the aggressive look and it is one of the lighter full widths on the market. Just be aware it's issues before purchase.

Name:	image-553461061.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	468417   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1457807294.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	468418   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3146868329.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	468419  
Old 06-16-2013, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by coastiejohn
I bought this bumper through amazon. I have amazon prime so free 2 day shipping. Some warnings, I was missing some hardware and had some fitting issues putting this bumper together, but only one of the outer bars, it bolted perfectly to the jeep. My biggest complaint is the powder coating. It is awful. It is chipping and flaking off in a lot of spots and a few places are developing rust. I contacted aries directly about this and they are willing to send me out a new bumper but I just don't want to deal with the hassle of building up the new one and replacing and then taking the other one to be shipped back. I plan on sand blasting it and then line-x. Their are no recovery points that come with it but after market tow hooks from a TJ bolts to the top. It will fit a winch but you need a fairlead mounting plate and you have to drill the rear two holes yourself. I bought this for 80% looks and 20% function. While I believe it is a rock solid set up for my type of wheeling, but other bumpers may serve better for the hard core. Overall I really like the bumper minus the powder coat issue, mainly because I like the aggressive look and it is one of the lighter full widths on the market. Just be aware it's issues before purchase.
Thanks for this!!! Do the fog lights stay in the same place?
Old 06-16-2013, 11:38 AM
JK Newbie

Yes fogs are pretty much in the same place.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I put the bumper on last week and pretty much agree with everything coastiejohn said about it. I got mine off of auto anything and it had free shipping too. Also Aries does make tow hooks for it you just have to buy them separately

Name:	image-3767385094.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	468541   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2284767244.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	468542  
Old 06-16-2013, 12:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A guy in my local Jeep club has the Aries bumper as well. Same issues... Powdercoat is coming of in large areas, problems encountered trying to install a winch, and no tow hooks included.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One side effect to this bumper though... It does in fact look pretty awesome on a jeep and you will get lots of compliments with it.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Runewolf1973
One side effect to this bumper though... It does in fact look pretty awesome on a jeep and you will get lots of compliments with it.
It does in fact get lots of compliments. When the powder coating gets to where I can't stand it any more I will strip it, drill the holes for a winch and have the whole thing line xed, then it will be just about perfect for me.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got my winch installed this week, now I just need to install some tow points. Anyone know anything about the tow hooks Aries makes ? I was also looking at putting d ring mounts on instead of the tow hooks, anyone know of any that would fit without having to drill more holes?

Name:	image-2088518866.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	470884  

Quick Reply: Aires Bumper