Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

airbag suspension???

Old 03-31-2011, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default airbag suspension???

I'm thinking about using airbag to replace my coil spring so I can control my ride height easilly. I know Off Road Only kit that sells for 5500$, that's a lot of money. I know they put somes great feature but to complicated for my taste and to costly for sure.

Do someone have any clue where I can find information about how airbag works. I don't know what king of ride this will give on the street, sloopy or as coil spring type? Wich type of airbag I need, which weight capacity, collapse and extended lenght, diameter needs.

I will like to be able to set the height at minimum for easy entry and very low for highway driving but be able to lift it for trail ride. I'm pretty sure there is a way to do it pretty simple with for example three diiferent pressure setting that I can select with somes switches/solenoide. exeample, 5psi for entry, 10psi for highway and 20psi for trail riding, can even lift it at max height if there is something stuck under the belly.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be intersted to know as well, looking to shovel my AEV kit and go long arm. How big can I go with bags???

Ryan

Quick Reply: airbag suspension???