Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Airbag light malfunction...on 8 seconds - off 8 seconds, again and again....

Old 12-24-2013, 10:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Airbag light malfunction...on 8 seconds - off 8 seconds, again and again....

Howdy my Fellow Jeepsters,

So here's an odd one and I haven't seen much in threads in relation to my current issue...Starting yesterday (12/23) my airbag light dings and remains lit for about 8 seconds, dings and goes off for about 8 seconds repeating this over and over again. My Jeep has 40,000 miles on it and has not been soaked recently and of course, no warranty!

I called Dealer service and they suggested it is the Clockspring or the connection under the drivers side seat going bad. They also want $200 to fix the clockspring. (nothing like a little $$ raping at Christmas)

Does anyone have any thoughts or found this to be common? Any direction would be helpful. IT is totally annoying!
Old 12-24-2013, 10:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My air bag light has been doing this for the past 2 months. I looked at the clockspring and its caked with dirt so it needs to be replaced. Since a few days ago the air bag light has came on and stayed on, probably cuz the clockspring is completely toast now.
I will take my rig in to get it replaced and the trans cooler line too cuz of the recall
Old 12-24-2013, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

Where is the clockspring located? Is it under the drivers side seat?
Old 12-24-2013, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's under the airbag on the steering wheel. If your air bag light is doing that, your air bag is most likely disabled until you get it reset. If it was me, I would let the dealer fix anything related to safety restraint systems.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

2012 sahara
35,600 miles (warranty over soon).

Speedo went to zero, traction light, abs light, and ebrake light all came on and heard a chime about 2 times. This occured ten times. Took it in, the replaced the wireless control module. Afterwards the low tire pressure liggt was constantly on. They had to reprogram the tire pressure sensors to the control module. All was fine.

Since then I wired in an ESP kill switch.

Two or three weeks later the same thing happened once. I flipped the ESP kill switch, pulled over, shut off and restarted the jeep. That was a two weeks ago and been fine since.

Sound like a clock spring or no?

I have an appointed to take it into the dealer in 6 hours.

Take it to dealer....Yay or nay????

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Airbag light malfunction...on 8 seconds - off 8 seconds, again and again....