Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AIRAID Throttle Body Spacer for JK with V6 Engine

Old 05-08-2007, 03:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AIRAID Throttle Body Spacer for JK with V6 Engine

Is it worth it??
Old 05-09-2007, 02:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't think anyones posted up on here about the new V6, but i know with the old 4.0l, the answer was a resounding NO. JP even recently did a dyno, where they net 1 pony at 4500 RPM. that's borderline unusable on the old I6. save your money...
Old 05-09-2007, 05:08 AM
JK Freak

JP has an article this month. Total waste of money. They got a whopping 4 hp.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why is it a waste of money??/

4hp gain is a good enough gain for me, its not like it costs an insane amount of money,

lifted jeeps need all the extra HP they could possibly get
Old 05-09-2007, 05:45 AM
JK Freak

maybe i should have been more specific. i feel it is a waste of my money. igofshn seems like he does as well. but your jeep isn't ours, so the couple of ponies you grab may be worth your while...
Old 05-09-2007, 05:46 AM
SCF
JK Enthusiast

snakeoil. What you gain initially, the computer compensates for later. Don't bother. Had one on the TJ, gave an initial woohooo, then it was back to normal.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:19 AM
G16
JK Enthusiast

I installed Airaids throttle body spacer as well as their air filter system on my last three jeeps. In each case with the combination I averaged an extra 25-35 miles more per tank than without, depending on how I was driving of course. Perhaps that's not alot over all but it's better than nothing with gas prices the way they are I think.

There was a noticable increase in horse power with the combination, less noticiable if you did one or the other.

I installed the Airaid filter on my fourth Jeep my 07 Rubicon 4door last month, there was a noticable increase in horse power during acceleration and everyday driving. There seemed to be no detrimental effects as a result so Im happy.

As a mater of fact I have driven my rubi to Moab several times prior to the air filter installation and if I was foolish enough to push it I could make it on one tank of gas, but the tank was just short of bone dry. After the air filter installation I would consistently make it to Moab with slightly less than a quarter tank of gas.

I received and Installed Airaids throttle body spacer yesterday. I will make some comments in a week or so as to my impressions.

My primary interest is increasing gas mileage when I do this kind of thing. If I can get a little more horse power all the better. Any increase in fuel and power is better than no increase, for me at least.

Is it worth the money? For me it is for the next guy maybe no.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:38 AM
JK Freak

From JP Magazine

Throttle-Body/Carburetor Spacers
If ever there was a camp vehemently enthusiastic about their modification, it's the throttle-body spacer guys. While many people claim huge and noticeable differences, we've just never seen it on an injected rig. There are several on the market with spiral or helix bores designed to create turbulence in the air charge to better atomize the air/fuel mixture. The theory is sound, but so is the whistle it can create.

On the other hand, adding a 1-inch phelonic or other heat-resistant spacer under your carburetor can deliver a noticeable increase in seat-of-the-pants operation in a vehicle with a free-flowing exhaust and a good ignition system.

Look For: A quality spacer kit is going to include all the gaskets, longer bolts, and any linkage or adapter spacers that may be needed for installation. Some are taller and some are shorter. For a more noticeable gain, go for the taller spacer, although realize that it may cause fitment problems in your aftermarket air intake systems.

They Claim: 5-11 hp. We Say: Probably 1-2 hp for the throttle body, 5-8 hp for the carb spacer.
and in this months printed issue, they proved that the biggest power gain was replacing the stock tube. again, this is all on the 4.0l. there isn't a link to thier dyno, but it's in there...
Old 05-09-2007, 07:33 AM
G16
JK Enthusiast

I don't feel stongly one way or another about the airaid setup. If it did not work I would remove it. Its made enough of a difference where it counts for me to be satisfied. Inspite of what the magazines or anyone else say.

I don't care to prove or disprove any thing but simply share what I've found. Take it how it's ment as an my opinion based on my experience nothing more.

If some one finds my experience useful wether positive or neagative great, if not equaly great. The only way to know the truth about anything in life is to go out and try it yourself and base your opinions on that experience, not only on what one reads or hears second hand.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll buy one! $100 bucks. 4hp. I'll take it!

Quick Reply: AIRAID Throttle Body Spacer for JK with V6 Engine