Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Air Vent Surrounds

Old 07-11-2009, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Vent Surrounds

Hey did a search and came up kinda dry....Does anyone know of a vendor who makes Air vent surrounds in our JK colors? I have found black and aluminum on Quadratec but I think I recall (while browsing through pics on this site) interior accents that were the same as the colors of the JK...anyone have any info?
Old 07-11-2009, 11:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most paint them, they are very easy to take off, a little prep and some paint...pop em back on
I am suree some one will post the link
Old 07-11-2009, 11:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Paint them yourself... that is what I did. Do a search and you will see a couple of write-ups on it...
Old 07-11-2009, 11:55 AM
JK Jedi Master

Try this. Six-dollar dash upgrade
Old 07-11-2009, 12:30 PM
JK Super Freak

I looked on 4wd.com and A/C surrounds were $259.99. Just paint them!!
Old 07-11-2009, 12:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Painting them yourself is your best bet. The next best option would be water transfer printing or hydrographics. It's the same process that Camp has done to his fenders, etc to have them look like carbon fiber. They float the color or design on water and dip the part through it and it adheres to it. It's then cleared and looks great. I'm pretty sure you could get your vent rings done cheaper than buying those billet ones, but I'd suggest getting yourself a rattle can of your JK's body color and having a go at it. Worst thing that can happen is you don't like the results and you can strip it off and order what you want and you'll only be out 5,10 or 20 bucks in paint (depending on if you have say rescue green, where you'd need to order a can from paintscratch.com or a similiar site).
Old 07-11-2009, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sweet Thanks for the link!

Quick Reply: Air Vent Surrounds