Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Air Tank Locations????

Old 10-21-2008, 10:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Tank Locations????

I have the Warn Powerplant and am considering adding a tank. Please post pics of locations available to mount tanks and the size tank would be helpful as well.

Thank You
Old 10-22-2008, 04:48 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

River Raider sells a nice evap canister bracket that includes a spot to mount a tank. It's on their web site.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kilby has a 2.5 gallon tank that mounts where your evap canister is (will need to be relocated on a 2 door). I have also seen people modify this and put it into the stock muffler location, and I have also seen it placed into the storage area in the rear (under the door)
Old 10-22-2008, 05:22 AM
JK Freak

Old 10-22-2008, 05:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Littlejon
Kilby has a 2.5 gallon tank that mounts where your evap canister is (will need to be relocated on a 2 door). I have also seen people modify this and put it into the stock muffler location, and I have also seen it placed into the storage area in the rear (under the door)
There is no way I'd put it there if you crawl on rocks. Or at least put a skid under it.

My muffler is pretty beat up back there, but that could be my driving
Old 10-22-2008, 05:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is the one from River Raider.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:08 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JackMac4
There is no way I'd put it there if you crawl on rocks. Or at least put a skid under it.

I have my 2.5 gal where the stock muffler was. So far it has escaped without a hit. I thought for sure I wouldve nailed it by now, but it tucks up alot better then the muffler. But I know I'll still hit it eventually, so a river raider skid is on my list.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JackMac4

I know the ones I saw used a custom tank that was between the frame rails, but I have thought about doing this when I get there with the Kilby muffler skid.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hi! Due to my extremely slow dial-up (no broad-band and refuse to pay extortionist prices for sat) I don't do pics...but I mounted a 20# CO2 tank to the right rear, inboard side of the "roll cage" and it hasn't gotten in way so far. I don't see why an air take couldn't be mounted there as well. I did use wide stainless steel strapping and grade 8.9 hardware to minimize the risks associated with ripping things apart should I get into a MVA. It is a PIA and needes to be pivited down to lower the roof but after it's lowered I can move it back into place. Not sure if this is a viable location for you though. Take care... Mike
Old 10-23-2008, 04:07 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mdantonio
Hi! Due to my extremely slow dial-up (no broad-band and refuse to pay extortionist prices for sat) I don't do pics...but I mounted a 20# CO2 tank to the right rear, inboard side of the "roll cage" and it hasn't gotten in way so far. I don't see why an air take couldn't be mounted there as well. I did use wide stainless steel strapping and grade 8.9 hardware to minimize the risks associated with ripping things apart should I get into a MVA. It is a PIA and needes to be pivited down to lower the roof but after it's lowered I can move it back into place. Not sure if this is a viable location for you though. Take care... Mike
I get my tank on Sunday, I'll post pics once installed, but I know there are others on here. I like the idea for just an air tank to be where the stock muffler is, but there by the evap asLeave Town states, will get smacked without some good strong ptotection.

Quick Reply: Air Tank Locations????