Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Air pessure light!!!

Old 07-09-2008, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air pessure light!!!

2008 Rubicon

Replced stock wheels and tires with Walker Evans Bead Locks and BFGs. Now my Air Pressure Light stays on. I was informed by dealership that I had to replace my valve stems with the stock ones.

Does anybody know how to get this light to go out without changing valve stems?

Waiting for answer.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:23 PM
JK Freak

Lots of threads on this... I belive this one the most recent. But in short-- you need to swap the old stems out onto the new rims

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47139&highlight=Stem
Old 07-10-2008, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

More Info please
Old 07-10-2008, 06:19 AM
JK Newbie

I run the same. To get the light to go out you will have to swap the stems - can't tell you any more
Old 07-10-2008, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Or you can buy new TPMS stems! Either way, you need the stems or live with the light.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The sensor stem and sensor assembly mounts out thru the rim just like a regular valve stem, but it is threaded the whole length. You remove the nut, pull the sensor/stem assy out and place it in your new rim. install the nut securley, DON'T overtighten it, you could ruin the seal. Inflate all tires equally and drive the jeep until the system resets. The computer only reads the system at intervals so it might take a few minutes to reset. This is all the info there is...
Old 07-11-2008, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TINMAN080
The sensor stem and sensor assembly mounts out thru the rim just like a regular valve stem, but it is threaded the whole length. You remove the nut, pull the sensor/stem assy out and place it in your new rim. install the nut securley, DON'T overtighten it, you could ruin the seal. Inflate all tires equally and drive the jeep until the system resets. The computer only reads the system at intervals so it might take a few minutes to reset. This is all the info there is...
So it resets itself? I have had new tires on my stock wheels for 9 days and still have the light. Does the new pressure have to match the stock pressure thats on the door sticker?
Old 07-11-2008, 04:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jst four K-X
So it resets itself? I have had new tires on my stock wheels for 9 days and still have the light. Does the new pressure have to match the stock pressure thats on the door sticker?
I think the stock threshold is 32 psi. If you are below this the light will be on, but with the scanning tools it can be dropped to 28 psi.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:38 PM
JK Freak

07's dont have that do they we have a 08 F150 4x4 at work and that light came on we thought something was wrong with the engine or something LOL it just had a nail in the tire ... i really don't like the gizmo lights on new auto's these days but it did find a nail so i guess they can be handy.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jst four K-X
Jst- the system keys on the recommended cold inflation tire pressure that is on the tire placard. Once the tires are inflated to this minimum pressure, up to a 10 minute drive above 15 mph may be required until the system resets...Check out page 330-331 in your owners manual.

Quick Reply: Air pessure light!!!