Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Air filter efficiency off-road

Old 01-14-2012, 08:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air filter efficiency off-road

I'm considering getting a drop in high flow air filter for my jeep but am concerned about their ability to trap dust compared to paper filters. When spring comes around I'll be using the car everyday for work which involves driving on very fine sandy roads. This sand leaves a fine dust on everything and the last thing I would want is a filter that lets this through. Anyone have any insight into whether drop in oiled filters from brands like K&N, Fram, and Purolator will be able to keep the dust out? Thanks
Old 01-15-2012, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My experiences with K&N with my 2 Ford Explorer's was positive. With filters being oiled they do a great job of trapping fine dust particles. When I used to wheel my old 98 in the dry summer months I never found dirt/dust in my intake tubing.

Quick Reply: Air filter efficiency off-road