Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Air Compressor attachment

Old 04-06-2011, 07:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Air Compressor attachment

So all my Valve stems are stripped and its a pain to air up with the air compressor i just bought from Harbor Freight- w ww.harborfreight.com/12-volt-150-psi-high-volume-air-compressor-66399.html (should have same attachment at the end as the Vair, MV50 and most standard compressors that screw onto the valve stem)

Does anyone know how i could attach this Tire inflator to it, or any other one that clips onto the valve stem on the end?
- w ww.harborfreight.com/air-tools/air-accessories/tire-inflator-gauge-41891.html

I've been searching all over HFs website and cant seem to find an anwser or the right kind of attachment. I know ive seen people on this forum use the same kind of air inflator attachment and just wondering how you did it

Last edited by Croce; 04-13-2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST CLICKABLE NON SPONSOR LINKS
Old 04-06-2011, 07:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it may be easier to get a new coil hose. Im pretty sure the viair hose has the same quick release as the harbor freight
Old 04-06-2011, 08:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At Harbor Freight I bought the attachment that is about the size of
a thumb that has a 2 inch spring clip that clips onto the value stem.
Same reason as you stated, my threads on my MV50 cheapie compressor were hard to thread on the valve stem. But.....you must
remember to turn off the compressor before taking the attachment
from the stem since it will build up too much pressure and destroy
the compressor. I bought 2, only 4 or 5 dollars each. Like the idea
of how fast it is to clip on and off.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by blazer4949
At Harbor Freight I bought the attachment that is about the size of
a thumb that has a 2 inch spring clip that clips onto the value stem.
Same reason as you stated, my threads on my MV50 cheapie compressor were hard to thread on the valve stem. But.....you must
remember to turn off the compressor before taking the attachment
from the stem since it will build up too much pressure and destroy
the compressor. I bought 2, only 4 or 5 dollars each. Like the idea
of how fast it is to clip on and off.
Thanks! thats exactly what im looking for. Did the 2 inch Spring clip just screw right into the end of your MV50? or did you need some type of coupler/fitting
Old 04-07-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Super Freak

So today i went to harbor freight and bought a 1/4" Air chuck with spring but couldnt find an adapter that fits on the end of the air compressor hose to the air chuck. Checked HF,Ace,Homedepot and autozone Looks like im gna have to get the Vair air house with air chuck on the end, hope it fits the HF air compressor
Old 04-13-2011, 12:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Bump-
So i emailed Viair to see if they either have an air chuck that attaches to the end or if their hoses will work with my air compressor, but no response.

So if anyone happens to know of a way i can attach an air chuck to the end of my air compressor (air comp. end screws onto valve stem) i would greatly appreciate it since ive used all my resources and checked every store i could possibly think of

Old 04-14-2011, 08:32 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
VIAIR Representative

Originally Posted by Croce
Bump-
So i emailed Viair to see if they either have an air chuck that attaches to the end or if their hoses will work with my air compressor, but no response.

So if anyone happens to know of a way i can attach an air chuck to the end of my air compressor (air comp. end screws onto valve stem) i would greatly appreciate it since ive used all my resources and checked every store i could possibly think of

I not aware of the style male cuppler that your Harbor Freight compressor uses, but if you take a look at our site you might be able to jerry something together. as far as not responding to your email you sent, if you have any question, please feel free to email me direct Landonl@viaircorp.com it seem no one here @ VIAIR had recieved your email.

but if this doesn't work out for you please take a look at our portable compressor units

>>>CLICK THE PICTURE TO TAKE A LOOK<<<
Old 04-14-2011, 09:01 AM
JK Newbie

replaced my MV50 mounted under my hood with a VIAIR 450P a week or two ago. My MV50 let me down after a trail run and I had to get someone else to air up 2 of my tires. I wasn't about to let that happen again.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Viair
I not aware of the style male cuppler that your Harbor Freight compressor uses, but if you take a look at our site you might be able to jerry something together. as far as not responding to your email you sent, if you have any question, please feel free to email me direct Landonl@viaircorp.com it seem no one here @ VIAIR had recieved your email.
>>>CLICK THE PICTURE TO TAKE A LOOK<<<[/CENTER]
Thanks for the response! What im looking for is the attachment at the end of p/n 00025. Does that detach from the hose or is it permantly mounted (the air chuck). Otherwise if its permantly mounted i may just get the hose shown as it seems to be exactly like the one that came from Harbor Freigh Minus the air chuck at the end
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3154793762.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	149987  
Old 04-14-2011, 10:03 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
VIAIR Representative

Originally Posted by Croce
Thanks for the response! What im looking for is the attachment at the end of p/n 00025. Does that detach from the hose or is it permantly mounted (the air chuck). Otherwise if its permantly mounted i may just get the hose shown as it seems to be exactly like the one that came from Harbor Freigh Minus the air chuck at the end
We have nothing that would screw into the end of your hose.. besides selling you a new style hose..

please take a look at this post...
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...VIAIR-vs-MV-50

Quick Reply: Air Compressor attachment