Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Air compressor

Old 07-15-2016, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air compressor

Is the 12V twin ARB worth the price tag or is there a better value with the same or better performance? I know arb has the most mount options. Only other option I see is Viair
Old 07-15-2016, 09:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been running a twin ARB for over a year now without any issues. I ran a quick disconnect to my bumper so I can keep the hood closed when airing up.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm sure it's a nice piece but you can have a York setup for almost nothing and it'll beat an electric setup all day long.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKBud
I'm sure it's a nice piece but you can have a York setup for almost nothing and it'll beat an electric setup all day long.
last I looked at a york setup, I remember it being at lot more $$$. And, that was if you made your own bracket.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GunDude
last I looked at a york setup, I remember it being at lot more $$$. And, that was if you made your own bracket.
I was talking about building a York setup yourself, not buying a kit that's over a grand.
Old 07-16-2016, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by JKBud
Doesn't this require AC delete or do you mount it in an open spot ( like where RIPP SC mounts ) and use a longer belt?

I have an ARB twin and it's definitely a 100% duty cycle as I usually end up airing my tires up and 4-5 jeeps that are with me without issue. That said, I got mine at a returns/damaged store for super cheap and then rebuilt it. Not sure I would lay out the full price for one. I'd say you're good with any 100% duty cycle compressor so long as you have it placed where it can cool itself properly.

Heck, I used one of those Pittsburgh compressors from harbor freight for the longest time with no issues.... Just very SLOW.
Old 07-16-2016, 04:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jedg
Doesn't this require AC delete or do you mount it in an open spot ( like where RIPP SC mounts ) and use a longer belt?

I have an ARB twin and it's definitely a 100% duty cycle as I usually end up airing my tires up and 4-5 jeeps that are with me without issue. That said, I got mine at a returns/damaged store for super cheap and then rebuilt it. Not sure I would lay out the full price for one. I'd say you're good with any 100% duty cycle compressor so long as you have it placed where it can cool itself properly.

Heck, I used one of those Pittsburgh compressors from harbor freight for the longest time with no issues.... Just very SLOW.
Yea I have a slime plug in now just in case which is also very slow and gets very hot but looking for better upgrade in future.

Quick Reply: Air compressor