Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

air bag lights?

Old 10-19-2007, 02:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air bag lights?

So my passenger air bag light has been lit for a few weeks now. Driving down the highway today the drivers airbag light bag came on and it won't go off. Anyone know anything about this kind of stuff. I don't really have time to go to the dealership and leave my car.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you modify your air bags? Cause if not, this belongs in Stock JK talk. And your best bet is the dealer, airbags and their sensors aren't the easiest thing to diagnose.

Only thing you might try is to borrow a code scanner and see what codes your computer is throwing.

-E
Old 10-19-2007, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry imeant topost this in thestockJK tech but imon my blackberry so i get a little lost sometimes. Does the wrangler not pull its own codes? My SRT-4 does.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Your gonna have to take that into the shop...
Old 10-19-2007, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Damn, i hate this jeep. I wish i still had my TJ.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well on the way home it started acting really wierd, both passenger and driver side airbag lights were randomly going on and off, the esp light ewas going on and off, the esp bas ligh came on and stayed lit, the check engine cam on and stayed on, and the oil light started blinking for a while then would stop and come on again. Also, the tach would drop. To about 1k and jump up and down really really fast abour 3 hundrem rpms both ways. Not the driving an motor worked perfectly normal and I never lost oil pressure at all. So I got home and I think I got th ecu to pull its own codes, and its throwing some v ery wierd looking codes while doing a 5 point sweep of all the guages at the same time.

The only thing iv recently done to the jeep is get a flat and put the spare on but the spare has a TPMS sensor and the other 3 don't. Also I removed the spare carrier and disconnected the hsarnes for the brake light. Other than thatn I burried the jeep in a deep ass river about 3 or 4 months ago but haven't has a single problem until now. Ill pull the codes up online if I can tomorrow, if I have no luck then were going to the dealer.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Alright, i couldnt find the codes online so i took it to the dealer, they were closed, went to another dealer, they closed at noon and wouldnt work on it all weekend. I dont have the option to leave it right now so i went to auto zone and they pulled the codes with the obd 2 scanner. Something wrong with the ECU i think because it said it couldnt read and it wasnt connected or something like that. So, im stumped.

Quick Reply: air bag lights?