Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ahhh!!! Which One!???!?!

Old 04-14-2008, 12:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys have been a big help to me too. I will be getting the RC 2.5 full kit with shocks. I do mostly highway driving but figured for 285 w shocks shipped that is a good deal.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

i would highly recomend that if those kits come with trackbar relocation brackets that you keep an eye on them because the added force will eventually shear the factory weldsjust my opinion. it really depends on how hard you wheel.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Well I read the whole thread and nobody mentioned it so I will. When you start talking lifts in the 3-4" range you really need to start talking about adjustable contol arms; especially in the front. You're probably OK in the 2-2.5" range but more than that and the Jeep can get flighty. Or as somebody said "it doesn't feel lke it's stuck to the road very well".

In the 3-4" range you also open up the driveshaft can of worms. I don't trust those stock driveshafts to do anything but fail at the worst possible time.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was recently indecisive with all the different types of lifts out on the market. I went to 4wdparts and talked to them about lifts, but they weren't much help. I decided to stop in at the local jeep dealership and went into service and asked to talk to their "lift expert". He enlightened me on everything concerning the lifts and what to look for or stay away from. We walked around to all of the Jks the dealership had aftermarket lifts added to their new jeeps. We also went to some of the mechanics' Jeeps. They all agree that you get what you pay for and that anything over 2.5" will nickel and dime you to death. Go to your dealer before you decide. It was the best thing I did. I decided to go with the TF BB 2.5" after my visit. I wanted to get a 4" but they changed my mind. Of course I am not a hard core offroader.....yet

Quick Reply: Ahhh!!! Which One!???!?!