Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ahhh!!! Which One!???!?!

Old 03-27-2008, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ahhh!!! Which One!???!?!

Heres my dilemma; like every other person that owns a jeep i want a lift, but which one!? i have narrowed it down to 3 cannidates the 2.5" lift from Teraflex: i see alot of ppl on this forum that uses that so naturally its a good lift its at a fare price and what i like most about it is that its very complete i dont have to worry about the relocation brackets or buying shocks, but im worried it wont look that different or as cool, hip, fab, phat, bad ect.. now with the BlackDiamond 3" lift it was rated best by petersons4WDmag and thats my bible but with that i have to get new shocks its more expensive, and i think i have to worry about pitman arms, and relocation brackets. and finnally comes the rough country 4" lift this is choice because it makes a great difference in size there is alot of flex room but there are more components for the 2.5 inch lift vs. this one and i have all the problems that the 3" lift has for more money

What should i do?....
Old 03-27-2008, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

sorry for the mess i had to leave as i was typing this
Old 03-27-2008, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Don't buy anything until you look at an "Old Man Emu" lift. I think these are the best, but you can settle for the rest!!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

Default Same question??

I have the same issue... I have an unlimited X and want it to set level, fit 35's and do it on a budget. I know I'm asking a lot... any good advice out there??

Black Unlimited
No MOD's (yet)
Old 03-27-2008, 09:51 AM
JK Junkie

Black Diamond with Bilstein shocks
Old 03-27-2008, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

but if i get the BlackDiamond, what other mods do i need to get with that kit or advice you can give me to accomodate for wheeling
Old 03-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to add to your confusion. But did you know that TeraFlex offers 6 different-2.5" kits?
Old 03-27-2008, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default my opinion

Its all about personal preference. If those were my choices and I wanted to run 35" tires I would just buy the 3" black diamond with their hydro shocks and put on the 35" tires... No other mods are necessary.

I'd make this choice because I prefer spring lifts to spacers and 4 inches without new control arms is a bit much in my opinion...

Their entry level shocks are quite cheap.

Originally Posted by JeepJK4Life
but if i get the BlackDiamond, what other mods do i need to get with that kit or advice you can give me to accomodate for wheeling
Old 03-27-2008, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

yea i didnt really think i wanted the rc lift due to lack of parts but i wanted to run 33s
Old 03-27-2008, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Sorry to add to your confusion. But did you know that TeraFlex offers 6 different-2.5" kits?
no i didnt, explain

Quick Reply: Ahhh!!! Which One!???!?!