Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aftermarket shocks and no lift

Old 04-10-2014, 03:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I currently have the TF 2/1" spacer leveling kit, and my stock shocks are needing replacement.

If it helps the OP I spoke with a few Jeep / 4X4 shops and all three verified the following Bilstien 5100's would be fine for my set up:

Front (1.5" to 3") 24-146708
Rear (2") 24-146715

One shop suggested the addition of rear bump stops only as a 'option' if I wanted too add them in the event of a bottom out situation under 'very extream' case.

Also, I was looking at the RK web site, their 1.5" coil lift does not come with shocks, they do have a handy chart that makes recomendations on shocks, and they have the same part numbers above listed for their kit.

I will be adding new coils at some point....buidling as I go when I can.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I can't make up my mind or the right deal hasn't come up yet for stock shocks. One guy wants 150, which is ok but then I'm thinking that's 150 towards my Rancho shocks. I guess I could sell them after but then I have reinstall.

Thanks for your input guys, it helps.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkmon
I can't make up my mind or the right deal hasn't come up yet for stock shocks. One guy wants 150, which is ok but then I'm thinking that's 150 towards my Rancho shocks. I guess I could sell them after but then I have reinstall. Thanks for your input guys, it helps.
Where are you located? I have some stock shocks and springs I just want to get rid off.. Could be cheap temporary fix
Old 04-11-2014, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the offer brnx, but I'm in Toronto,on.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket shocks and no lift