Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aftermarket performance

Old 02-01-2015, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket performance

I have a 2015 2door and want to know if the aftermarket intakes and exhaust really add any performance gains? I have no issues with the 3.6, but I can't justify costs to upgrade these items for cosmetic/sound without any performance gain.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:32 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Very small performance gains, and mostly at higher revs. Regearing is a better option for most folks (though the 3.6 is pretty good in some OEM configurations even with larger tires).
Old 02-01-2015, 10:44 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Trailpimp33
I have a 2015 2door and want to know if the aftermarket intakes and exhaust really add any performance gains? I have no issues with the 3.6, but I can't justify costs to upgrade these items for cosmetic/sound without any performance gain.
Just put a K&N drop in filter in there
Old 02-01-2015, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trailpimp33
I personally feel it's a waste of money unless you plan to Supercharge or Turbo charge the engine later down the road. Intake & exhaust help but are not justified without supporting modifications (I.e supercharger, Turbo, piston's, cam, etc...) otherwise they are purely cosmetic because the gains do not justify the price. I am by no means knocking those that choose to purchase Intake & Exhaust systems, it's your jeep do as you please. But from a performance standpoint the HP/Trq gains are very minimal.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
Just put a K&N drop in filter in there
Got mine on Amazon for under $40. Felt a little more pep. Seeing that it is washable/reusable.. I could justify it.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket performance