Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

aftermarket lugs for aftermarket wheels

Old 03-10-2013, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket lugs for aftermarket wheels

Been using the stock lugs with my RR wheels for a few years now. Local shop I had some work done basically fried 4 of the lugs on one wheel. Needed a mallet to get the socket on them to remove. Ie they only got half of the socket on the lug, and stripped them from the middle to the tip!

Got some basic size replacements for the time being, and this has been on my todo list for a few years.

What lugs do you recommend? Looking for something that is extended so that I can get a socket on without issues, etc on it no problem with these deeper set wheels.

Looked briefly on Northridge 4x4 and the Q, didnt really see much of anything... And did a search here, didnt seem to get any hits other than "locking" lugs which I do not want.

thanks!
Old 03-10-2013, 12:41 PM
JK Freak

I'm using Gorilla spline drive lug nuts. They come with a lugnut key that the socket fits on.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm using the same gorilla brand on my JK. I really need to get a spare key and lugs for that reason. Those assholes did that same crap to my 2012 Mazda 6 aftermarket wheels they striped my key and rounded like 4 of my lugs... I was pissed.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looking at the guide..sounds like there are 2 options.

The "extra long acorn bulge heat treated" in 1/2thread count with either a 3/4 or 13/16th size.

I'm guessing the 3/4 vs 13/16 is talking about the width/ size socket to use. Any idea which will fit our wheels?

The part #s are 4118 and 9119 respectively.

Last edited by PCHSahara; 03-10-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought the mcgard lugnuts. I like em.

Quick Reply: aftermarket lugs for aftermarket wheels